PDA

View Full Version : Hi Speed desert ride

calds650
02-13-2006, 06:21 AM
The Outlaw needs taller gearing for desert racing. I was at the Alba ATV ride at Ocotillo Wells SVRA This past weekend. Alba's Owner Cory Hove Desert race Raptor 700 was there. Geoffrey Walters was on the Raptor and leader of the Alba ATV ride. Not a very big group just me, Geoffrey his brother and one other young man. When I saw Alba’s Raptor I wanted to see if the Outlaw could keep up with the Raptor only I could not see. Just too much dust for me. I had too keep back about a ¼ mile so I cold see the trail or wash. The front shock will need some work I will be adding some remote reservoirs soon. In the sand washes Alba’s Raptor would pull a way on the long straight part 5th gear pinned and he would slowly pull away. This was the first time back too Ocotillo since 1970 and it wore me out the last 7 mile of whoops I had to take seated down and slow. I will be back soon it was a blast of a ride Thanks Alba for the ride hope you have more.

wolffie
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
sounds like fun man! did you get a chance to race any other stock quads?

calds650
02-13-2006, 02:50 PM
It was not racing just try to keep up with the YS (young studs) I am a OF (old fart)

wolffie
02-13-2006, 06:38 PM
lol! hey its all good! sounds like you had fun anyways!

calds650
02-24-2006, 10:20 AM
I have 15 tooth front sprocket on it way.