PDA

View Full Version : 666 raptor vs. cannondale

ram air
02-13-2006, 06:00 AM
so, my cousin just got a cannondale, looks quick.. He said that he beat a yfz 450, that had gyt-r pipe ect. his cannondale only has an hmf pipe, he says that his cannondale will kill my raptor. here's a list of the performance stuff my raptor has..... bored to a 666, wiesco high comp. piston , hot rod stock replacement crank, yoshi exaust k&n air filter k&n power lid, and a web cam. Now i tinnk theirs no way that that cannondale will win, but he thinks it will. the road we will be racing on is a little longer than a quarter mile. what do you guy's think the outcome will be?:confused: :confused:

rancid
02-13-2006, 08:02 AM
my cannondale was faster than my yfz and my buddies raptor all with equal mods, and had no problem with our buddies 05 450r with an hrc kit.

250r4life
02-13-2006, 10:42 AM
just go race him man, they're are too many variables to say... there is no sense talking smack before, just go race and who wins will be able to talk smack... i have this cousin in law who has sat and run his mouth this whole dune season how he is going to come down and smoke me, yada yada yada, and i just keep telling him "come on down... i'm confident enough right now i'll bet you a grand, so put you're money where your mouth is or shut up. $1000 is how confident i am, how confident are you?" the *** still hasnt made it down there to race... other than messing around with people occasionally just to have some fun on here, i really dont like to sit and talk, i'd much rather just go race and "we'll see who is bad." kinda like back in high school, people would run their mouth and i wouldnt talk, i would just come up and pop 'em and get the thing started- talkin was a waste of time... lets throw down and see who is really bad... like my mamma always told me "actions speak louder than words":D

Quad Boy 660r
02-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
just go race him man, they're are too many variables to say... there is no sense talking smack before, just go race and who wins will be able to talk smack... i have this cousin in law who has sat and run his mouth this whole dune season how he is going to come down and smoke me, yada yada yada, and i just keep telling him "come on down... i'm confident enough right now i'll bet you a grand, so put you're money where your mouth is or shut up. $1000 is how confident i am, how confident are you?" the *** still hasnt made it down there to race... other than messing around with people occasionally just to have some fun on here, i really dont like to sit and talk, i'd much rather just go race and "we'll see who is bad." kinda like back in high school, people would run their mouth and i wouldnt talk, i would just come up and pop 'em and get the thing started- talkin was a waste of time... lets throw down and see who is really bad... like my mamma always told me "actions speak louder than words":D

I agree. I'm in high school, I hate B.S.

ram air
02-14-2006, 05:37 AM
raced him last night when he came over to visit......... not even close he had me until i hit 3rd, and then the race was over. he dosent talk anymore:D :D :D :D

Racing Rice
02-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Way to show him what a Rappy can do. The race of over a 1/4 mile long? He probably ran out of gear. :D

sixsixzero
02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
way to go. people allways talk smack on the raptors of how the yfz 450, 450r can smoke em etc etc..

my rap. has smoked 500 zilla's, to the predators.

There isnt much out there that can beat a good ole raptor.

sixsixzero
02-16-2006, 11:42 PM
just go race him man, they're are too many variables to say... there is no sense talking smack before, just go race and who wins will be able to talk smack... i have this cousin in law who has sat and run his mouth this whole dune season how he is going to come down and smoke me, yada yada yada, and i just keep telling him "come on down... i'm confident enough right now i'll bet you a grand, so put you're money where your mouth is or shut up. $1000 is how confident i am, how confident are you?" the *** still hasnt made it down there to race... other than messing around with people occasionally just to have some fun on here, i really dont like to sit and talk, i'd much rather just go race and "we'll see who is bad." kinda like back in high school, people would run their mouth and i wouldnt talk, i would just come up and pop 'em and get the thing started- talkin was a waste of time... lets throw down and see who is really bad... like my mamma always told me "actions speak louder than words"

lol thats alot of words for somone that doesnt talk much. :ermm:

Honda_exrider
02-20-2006, 07:27 PM
im not talkin smack, but just askin a question. raptor, or yfz450. which is better or which is faster. i just can't understand how something with 450cc's can beat something with 660cc's? i've gotta know. i figure u raptor guys will tell me the truth!

250r4life
02-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by sixsixzero
lol thats alot of words for somone that doesnt talk much. :ermm:

:D thats funny

my whole point was he goes off talkin all sorts of stuff, and i just say put your money where your mouth is and lets go race, or shut up...

as far as the raptor or yfz, in acceleration the yfz is faster than the raptor. down at the dunes the yfz is hands down faster up the hill, and hands down faster on flat drags. however, a lot if up to the rider. i was at gordons well sand dunes this weekend, and was riding my buddies wife's raptor. it is stock other than a K&N, baffle removed, and geared one down up front. i raced a few times, and managed to beat several piped raptors, and a piped trx450r. i managed to hang with several other 450s, but obviously it had to do with rider ability, as there were others that flat out smoked me. so, unless there is a rider handicapt, the yfz should win.... i felt kind of bad for the 450 that i beat...

Racing Rice
02-21-2006, 09:02 AM
.... i felt kind of bad for the 450 that i beat...

Don't, getting your butt kicked in a race is all part of the game. He will win one sooner or later... Maybe.:D

250r4life
02-21-2006, 09:21 AM
man, if i was to get beat by a stock raptor, i would never race again... i felt bad for the dude- that has to be embarrasing...