PDA

View Full Version : 370 Mojave vs 446 Warrior

96mojave
02-12-2006, 09:50 PM
i got a warrior and a mojave both are broke right now and i want to fix 1 of them for gncc racing dont kno which one would be the best. I saw something about a 370 mojave can go around 75-80,i was wondering if anyone knows how fast a 446 warrior will go, and which one would make best quad. any one KNOW?

Tri-valleyracin
02-12-2006, 09:54 PM
im goin to say the mojave will be better cuse its liquad cooled and dohc.

bradley300
02-13-2006, 09:22 AM
the mojave still has rocker arms, completly canceeling out the benefits of DOHC. anyway, the warrior is probably a little faster, but i would prefer the liquid cooled mojave. neither would be a good gncc racer the way you described. neither is gonna do very well agains the 450's, and both are too big to race in the sport class. my vote, is to build the mojave to 350cc and race the sport class at the gncc's

96mojave
02-13-2006, 12:33 PM
that answered my question

Quad Dude
02-13-2006, 07:40 PM
as much as i hate yamahas i would go with a warrior i have ridden both and as bad as a warrior is a mojave is so much worse it not even funny. and warriors are more way reliable than a mojave. if running on stock shocks the mojaves shocks suck more than anything else. and there is not a snowballs chance in hell a mojave will touch 75mph unless its in a truck.

drifterx
02-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I'd go with what Bradley300 said. Build the Mojave to 350, and race in the sport class. You wouldn't be able to bore the warrior, since the limit is 350cc's, so do the mojave up to 350, add a new suspension, and some descent tires, nerfs, and kill switch, and you'll be ready to roll! (liquid cooling is a bonus, like they said)

98warriorboy
02-17-2006, 05:50 AM
go with the warrior cuz they will eat a mojave

98warriorboy
02-17-2006, 03:55 PM
my brother has a mojave and i can smoke him with my warrior.

Honda 250X 91
02-17-2006, 09:05 PM
think about this warrior is electric start that battery is adding like 5 pounds and in racing the weight saving helps so i would go with the mojave with a little motor work, good shocks, and stuff like that it will be a way better quad than the warrior and i've found the warriors to not be as much of a reliable quad!

Lurch
02-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh really????

http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/quadrebuild/themojave006.jpg
http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/quadrebuild/themojave005.jpg

BlasterEaten250
02-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Lurch
Oh really????

http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/quadrebuild/themojave006.jpg
http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/quadrebuild/themojave005.jpg aha, its done, now put it in the march quad of the month:cool:

Ruby Soho
02-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Holy ****!

Thats one nice mojave

BrandonBlackmon
02-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Honda 250X 91
think about this warrior is electric start that battery is adding like 5 pounds and in racing the weight saving helps so i would go with the mojave with a little motor work, good shocks, and stuff like that it will be a way better quad than the warrior and i've found the warriors to not be as much of a reliable quad!

Man, I totally disagree w/ you. You are right about weight being a factor in racing but the extra weight from the battery will not cancel out the power advantage of the warrior. A warrior has the potential to dominate the 350cc class with a good setup. As for the mojave, it's going to require a bit more work to get it up to par with a tricked out warrior!!:macho

2muchquad
02-19-2006, 11:19 PM
its obvious a lot of people have no idea what they are talkin about.both of these quads are reliable in stock form but thats not a gimme if built up improperly.and for those of you who have never seen a built up mojave,dont laugh they can be made into very formidable machines.sure they may not beat a national caliber 450 but they could be made to sneak up on one with justa pipe.;)

BrandonBlackmon
02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
its obvious a lot of people have no idea what they are talkin about.both of these quads are reliable in stock form but thats not a gimme if built up improperly.and for those of you who have never seen a built up mojave,dont laugh they can be made into very formidable machines.sure they may not beat a national caliber 450 but they could be made to sneak up on one with justa pipe.;)

Sorry, but did I hear you right?:huh There is no way that a mojave, w/ just a pipe, could even get close to the 450's. Please don't feed people bull crap.:macho I have nothing against the machines, don't get me wrong, I'm sure a quad like Lurch's could move pretty quickly, but the mojave is not in the same class as the 450's.

Lurch
02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I will agree with the last post. My last race I was in 6th place in the production class at Loretta's with almost all YZF450's on my gate. I rode the Mojave past it's braking point it messed up the transmission.

Here is a fact most of you are missing. A real good rider on a tricked Mojave can beat a so-so rider on a 450. It can be done. becasue I have proven it. It's not 100% the quad only. The riders has a ton to do with it.

That my 2 cents.

2muchquad
02-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Sorry, but did I hear you right? There is no way that a mojave, w/ just a pipe, could even get close to the 450's. Please don't feed people bull crap

well brandon if you would have read my post carefully at NO TIME did i say a mojave WITH JUST a PIPE could beat a 4 fiddy.i said built.thats bore kit and the whole the works.pay more attention youngin before you start runnin your trap:D

96mojave
02-22-2006, 05:41 PM
i think iam going with the cycle works racing 345cc mojave.its alot cheaper to fix than the warrior, hopefully i can make it to the race in nc does anyone kno when it is? i might just go with the 370 kit
and try to race with the yfz's...i only weigh 130lbs