PDA

View Full Version : Whey

2001300exguy
02-12-2006, 09:06 PM
how many people use this, how often, when, etc. i got a big jug of the chocolate flavored protien shake mix because i want to build up a little bit. by neighbor has been using it for a while and he says that if you have pretty much any fat that it wont help build muscle, is he retarded or what? also any advice on using it

LTZ400rider
02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
i have this stuff but it only taste good with choc milk and ice cream. just drink it maybe once or twice a day, maybe in the morning for breakfast and especially after working out, it will help the muscle recover faster. i dunno what ur neighbor is talkin about, i also thought u needed fat to make muscle, the reason for bulking up, correct me if im wrong.

prepracing
02-13-2006, 01:55 AM
just wondering what the hec "whey" means :confused:

Nick110
02-13-2006, 04:15 AM
its Whey protein. You should have it about an hour before your workout and 20-30 mins after your workout.

So far i found that mixxing it with Pineapple juice and ice tastes the best.

babyboy
02-13-2006, 04:32 AM
your not goin to need supplements for quite a while if your just starting to work out... Pretty much your not goin to need asupplements until your body is burning for fuel than you can take in by eating, which you'll have to work out for quite a while before you get to that point.. Also, it'll probably take you a couple months just to get your body ready to lift. You need to prepare your joints, lift to get them in shape and used to lifting, and you have a lot of small stabilizer muscles that you'll have to get in shape before you can start "lifting". If you wanna use the whey, I would recomend waiting a couple months, then starting in small amounts.. and I'm talkin about 5 day a week workouts. not just go to the gym once in a while. You should also start drinking a lot of water everyday. that will be important bein it flushes the waste from the muscles repairing themselves out of your body..

trict_out
02-13-2006, 07:38 AM
i take it 3 times a day every day and lift 5 days out of thr week paired with gnc mega men sport vitamins and a supplement called no explode with is no2 and i have seen a 6 lb. weight increase in a little more than a week. not saying it will work that well for you but i have responded extremely well.

la400ex
02-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Whey is a very fast digesting protein. Its best for post workout shakes when protein synthesis is at higher levels. Just drinking whey through out they day does not serve much purpose because it is digested so fast, you don't actually use much of it. Just pass it right out in urine. If you mix your whey with milk, the casein protein in milk will somewhat slow down the digestion of whey. Besides pre and post workout, try to get your protein from lean meats. Don't rely on whey.

Hondadudeehhhh
02-13-2006, 01:02 PM
everyday, 20 minutes after i work out.