PDA

View Full Version : American Motorcycle Institute

roberts8
02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions or knows anything about the AMI in Daytona Beach, Flordia.... I am planning on going to school there, but I was wondering if anyone had feedback!!!!

peace

02-12-2006, 08:58 PM
ur gonna leave SIU man?

roberts8
02-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Thinking about it... I really wanna learn how to work on bikes and quads... it's been my dream since a kid.:blah:

02-12-2006, 09:01 PM
go see if you can get a job at the stealership down the street helping out. idk if you will "love" it man...a lot of people get tired of it after a few years

roberts8
02-12-2006, 09:03 PM
what is a stealership??? here in c-dale??

250xridamatt
02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
stealership = dealership

roberts8
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
stealership = dealership

Thanks man... we just call them jipp shops... WOW am i a r-e-t-a-r-d:ermm:

redrider05
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
u can look at the powersports institute in cleveland,oh thats were im enrolled at now for about 7 months n love it

roberts8
02-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by redrider05
u can look at the powersports institute in cleveland,oh thats were im enrolled at now for about 7 months n love it

Do you have a webpage for that school!?!?!? Tell me a lil' more about it when you got some time!!!?!?!?! thanks man

Racing Rice
02-13-2006, 09:36 AM
I have a friend that went to MMI. He just got back in October. He said it was awesome, and that they teach you all kinds of stuff that he never would have imagined.

roberts8
02-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I have a friend that went to MMI. He just got back in October. He said it was awesome, and that they teach you all kinds of stuff that he never would have imagined.

Hey man... did he say it was more auto or motorcycle and quad stuff??? I do not really care about auto stuff.

Racing Rice
02-13-2006, 10:57 AM
He went to MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) it was the motorcycle and ATV class, not the Auto class. I guess they taught just about all motorcycles, ATVs, and dirtbikes. He even got his Harley certifications while he was there.

I don't know anything about the Auto school.

http://www.uticorp.com/go/schools/momi/

roberts8
02-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey thanks alot man... esp for including the link!!! This is what I am lookin for, I don't like the 80% auto and 20% moto schools... Thanks again!

Racing Rice
02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Good luck man, I would LOVE to be able to do something like that. Unfortunately, I didn't take advantage of it when I was younger. It's hard to take a year+ long class and go to school when you have a wife and a house to attend to.

You should enjoy it though. I was very glad he went.

Apparently, he was racing ATVs while he was in FL. He said his built up 400EX dyno'ed at 56hp to the rear wheels. He wouldn't tell me what all was done to it though.:eek2:

redrider05
02-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by roberts8
Do you have a webpage for that school!?!?!? Tell me a lil' more about it when you got some time!!!?!?!?! thanks man

hey no problem the webpage is www.ohiotechnicalcollege.com once there click on the powersports program and it will give u a brief summary about it..all i can say is that the classes of students are small so that means more time with the instructors n more time for them to awnser your questions..the course is 16 months long..its the newest motorcycle school around...it just started 6 months ago im the first class there. also i dont think u will have to worry about inexperienced instructors either..the school has some big times working there..hope it sorta helped

redrider05
02-13-2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.psi-now.com/

i just found another site for it

reed13
02-13-2006, 02:42 PM
i went and took a tour of AMI about 2 years ago. it seemed really cool. its a lod hotel that they made into the school and its got a pool in the middle to swim and all. at that time it was $10,000. also went to MMI the same day and liked it alot better. MMI helps you find a place to stay a job while ur at school and after school they will will help you find a job in the industry that you studied at the school. AMI doesnt do any of that and AMI you go all day long 5 days a week and MMI you can basically pick the hours

roberts8
02-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by reed13
i went and took a tour of AMI about 2 years ago. it seemed really cool. its a lod hotel that they made into the school and its got a pool in the middle to swim and all. at that time it was $10,000. also went to MMI the same day and liked it alot better. MMI helps you find a place to stay a job while ur at school and after school they will will help you find a job in the industry that you studied at the school. AMI doesnt do any of that and AMI you go all day long 5 days a week and MMI you can basically pick the hours

Thats cool... Would be nice to have a job when I am done and or while I am there... Thanks for the info man;)