PDA

View Full Version : Land between the lakes.. Good?

Punk'd
02-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Any of you guys ever been to land between the lakes in Kentucky?

How is the riding there for sport quads? We are planning a little trip there for riding with all the guys.

Is it a good place to ride with lots of different terrain? How is the lodging? We were hoping to rent a cabin or somthing (enough for 7 guys for two nights) really close to the riding area so we could just unload from the cabin and start riding.

I found the website and got a little backround info on the place, but want to know some first hand information from someone who has ridden thier recently. Its about a 4.5 hour drive so I want to make sure its worth it, any info appreciated!

hardkoratvmxr
02-12-2006, 07:50 PM
If i were you i would not go there
They have enforced so many new rules that it really isnt fun anymore. they also closed a lot of trails down. and the nearest cabin/ldging oplace is 5 or 6 miles away or down the road i mean. but if i were you i would look for somewhere else to ride

Punk'd
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
What kind of rules?

hardkoratvmxr
02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
they closed down the drag strip you cant go off the trails like you have to park in the parking lot unless your camping there becasue we parked kinda at the front entrance on the side in front of a couple of other people and by the time we got unloaded they told us we had to move. so i wont bve going back

YFZ450Ridr
02-12-2006, 08:07 PM
there arent rules that say you cant like race around and do wheelies and stuff are thier? we might have to cancle the trip if its full of crappy rules.

02-12-2006, 08:08 PM
all the roads and fields are a 10 mph speed limit and heavily enforced. The rules there are REDICULOUS. If you go on a busy weekend have fun because theres like a million people there and it sucks. When I go I usually go for the camping and "roughing" it out. Thats whats most fun about it now. the day time riding fourwheelers is just like a little side activity and swimming in the lake is really fun too. I will go in the summer n a weekend for a 2 days and that night in between but the rles there are Rediculous

Punk'd
02-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Let me guess.. Is there a sound limit on pipes? :rolleyes:

How are the trails?

Boring?

02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
the trails are pretty good if its not busy. the best one is the one that rides on the shore of the lake for like 3 miles...the hills are nuts there

hardkoratvmxr
02-12-2006, 08:11 PM
the trails are fun if you can find one that is fun and challenging that isnt crowded and i dont think there is a sound limit but you might want to check but trust me dont go there you will be disappointed

400exrules
02-12-2006, 08:11 PM
hmm thats interesting, i live pretty close to it but i havent been and i was just thinking about trying to plan a trip to it with some buddies soon. You might want to try coal creek mines, i havent been their but it sounds like a pretty cool place. its huge, 72,000 acres. its in east tn.

YFZ450Ridr
02-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
hmm thats interesting, i live pretty close to it but i havent been and i was just thinking about trying to plan a trip to it with some buddies soon. You might want to try coal creek mines, i havent been their but it sounds like a pretty cool place. its huge, 72,000 acres. its in east tn.

ive been there, twice actually and its AWESOME! well worth the trip from missouri! the trails are great and the hills are nuts. the view from the mountains is great too. thats the best place ive ever ridden for trails. we rode two different days and never hit the same trail.

02-12-2006, 08:18 PM
yah u have to keep the wheelies in the trails if you want to do the wheelie oiver 10mph

markk
02-12-2006, 08:23 PM
LBL is a ok place to ride, He is correct about everything he said, I mean if u like rocks and hills, u will have all u will want. But alot of the trails have been shut down.

St.Joe state park is pretty good, And there is a place between Springfield and Branson Mo. called Chadwick that has a very good riding park. riding is like 5 or 8 dollars a day, and Camping is 10 i think. I will copy this paper i got on it, and try to post it within a day or two for u K.

miller821
02-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Its ok to ride down there, not worth the drive if you are real far away from it but if your just an hour or so its worth it. Ya the rules suck, but rules are meant to be broken. Theres a lot of trails down there, especially some pretty awesome hills and theres one bull dozed open trail that you can hit 4th on easily. Just if you do go watch out for dune buggies and huge trucks cause there out there a lot. Oh ya and remember a skid plate, cause it is so rocky down there. It might be fun for you, i would go if i were you and try it out, if you don't like it then you'll know, but if you do then you'll know to go there more. Just try it!

YFZ450Ridr
02-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by markk
LBL is a ok place to ride, He is correct about everything he said, I mean if u like rocks and hills, u will have all u will want. But alot of the trails have been shut down.

St.Joe state park is pretty good, And there is a place between Springfield and Branson Mo. called Chadwick that has a very good riding park. riding is like 5 or 8 dollars a day, and Camping is 10 i think. I will copy this paper i got on it, and try to post it within a day or two for u K.

me and punkd go to st joe alot, its pretty good. and ive been to chadwick a few times but wasnt to impressed. its always REALLY dusty and i dont like how its all just trails, no place to open it up really. but if you want to ride trails all day, chadwick is it.

miller821
02-12-2006, 08:30 PM
A place that you guys might consider, if you haven't ever been there is flat river. Its a pretty fun place with sand and lots of trails, and if you want to open your quad up they have a huge straight away. Its real cheap to ride also.

YFZ450Ridr
02-12-2006, 08:36 PM
any of you guys ever ridden at the badlands? ive herd it was a decent place to ride but it was all sand flats. what do you guys think about it?

user101
02-12-2006, 08:36 PM
I went to LBL last year during Labor Day weekend and it was ok. Like everyone said the rules suck and it's very crowded. I had fun once i got away from the main trails and out in the side trails where noone else was riding. There are way to many morons out there to watch for on the main trails.

crewworrior
02-12-2006, 08:40 PM
check this website out theres a few pitchures on there of land between the lakes.i think youll love it. theres no sound limit,i have a hmf.anyway the website is www.jeremycrabtree.com. as far as a cabin,you might wanna take a tent.