PDA

View Full Version : Need ride report

spudss
02-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I am thinking about picking one up on Tuesday.. But would like comprehensive ride report..

How is the ride?handleing?cornering?general functions?any problems..

Need an honest report by a skilled rider..

Thanks

Racing Rice
02-12-2006, 07:03 PM
ATV Scene.com had a nice review of the LTR450.

PM me your email address and I can send you the link.

LuckyOxygen
02-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I got mine yesterday and rode all day today. I think it is a very great bike. With the baffle in, it really isnt too fast. But when I took the baffle out and put the cherry bomb on with the air box lid off, it really came alive!! I drag raced both the honda and yamaha today, on the start it was pretty close but when I hit 4th gear every time, I'd just pull away more and more. So if you are expecting it to jsut blow both those bikes out of teh water completely, its not quite like that. Where this bike really shines is in the handling department. It jumps and lands like a dream. In corners, it steers very well and the stock tires hook up very well. It dont really try to wheelie much, but you can wheelie pretty easily on it if you want. I let 6 different people ride it today around a little play track, and they were all impressed with it. They all said that if they raced then they would for sure take it over their current 450s. I honestly think that if either the honda or yamaha were equally as wide that the suzuki would still beat them on a track. So my bottom line is if that you are going to race and have the money for it, go ahead and buy it! It's an awesome machine!! I'm a lil hurry rite now, so this isnt probably the best report, check ******** for a FULL review. Hope this helped!