PDA

View Full Version : Lakota sport Engine Noise

cazziei
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey Folks, I need some help here. I just bought a 2001 Lakota Sport 300. It came with 2 engines, one that the previous owner bought on Ebay the other stock. The stock engine has blown 2nd Gear. The engine bought on Ebay has a strange noise. After ripping off the Top End of the after market I noticed it looked really dry. It seemed that there was no oil getting up there and figured the top end was blown. I then switched top ends from the stock to the aftermarket, put every thing back together ( what a pain in the rear) and everything seemed fine. No more strange noise :). About 45 mins later the sound came back. Which brings me to my question!?!?!? What would prevent oit from getting the topend? Is there any type of oil circulation system? Would the oil filter have anything to do with this. Any help would be greatly accepted. Thanks in advance.

Brad

humblesquirel21
02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
i have never worked on a lakota befor but it seems liekly that there could be a pipe or oil movment system of some kinda that might be clogged since u replaced the top end and all that with the old one your problem is likley in the bottom end if it has an oil screen (verylilkly) it may be clogged i would suggest geting a cymar manual or a shop manual or one of the other and read through the engine and see if u can figure it out

bradley300
02-13-2006, 09:57 AM
i know on a 300ex, if the oil filter is in backwards, the top end will not get any oil, could also be your problem

BlasterEaten250
02-13-2006, 10:18 AM
what kind of sound is it?

cazziei
02-13-2006, 01:19 PM
it's a really high pitched sound. Very intermitten, not constant by any means. I am still not sure what it is, but I will try your suggestion. Thanks guys, wish me luck!

cazziei
02-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Tired the oil filter thing, no luck. This sould is very weird. It sould like the top end is getting very hot, and maybe its popping. I don't know. I just don't have the money to bring to the shop. I am hopeing that someone will have some advice that will fix this. Is it a known issue with the lakota?