PDA

View Full Version : question about uni air filter

redlineranger
02-12-2006, 10:12 AM
im fixin to order a hmf slip on and uni filter for my 300..... can you run the uni's with a outerwear on them(sorry if this is a stupid question, but i really dont know) i've only seen outerwears on k&n filter and was just wondering if you can put one over a uni

the reason im asking is because im gonna get it jetted with no lid so i know that more dirt and dust will be getting in..... any help is appreciated;)

bmf400ex
02-12-2006, 10:19 AM
yes you can, just order the one that is spec'd for the k&n equivalent filter or measure the size

redlineranger
02-12-2006, 10:34 AM
thanks bro, so do i need to order the k&n brand outerwear, or the brand outerwears.... i just wanna make sure i get it right

400exmkt
02-12-2006, 10:58 AM
You can run either one just measure the filter. I run mine without an outerwares cover and no lid and havent had a problem yet. Just take care of it and keep it oiled.

redlineranger
02-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 400exmkt
You can run either one just measure the filter. I run mine without an outerwares cover and no lid and havent had a problem yet. Just take care of it and keep it oiled.

your right im orderin all my stuff from ebay and found a outerwears cover and read the specs and it will fit a k&n or uni......thanks to you and bmf400ex for the help;)