PDA

View Full Version : yfz or 450r

TheBlasterMan
02-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Well i ride a blaster and all my friends are getting bigger quads, one has a yfz, 2 have a 450r, another one has 400ex and a 300ex rider. I ride my blaster and my blaster isnt cutting it. I was wondering if it would be worth just to buy a used one and get a loan trough my parents. I would just pay the loan. I have a job, 6 bucks and hour. If its around 4000 dollars i hope i can pay it off by the end of the year. I have 1500 right now and could get around 700-900 for the blaster. I decided to look into the yfz because its light 350 lbs compared to all the other sport quads. I weigh 120 lbs too, and 5 foot 7. ive rode a 450r and liked the power and the brakes so as long as the yfz is like that im fine, I was thinking of getting a 2004 or 2005 because i coudnt afford an o6, What problems should i look for? i heard problems about the decompression plug and charging problems. Are they reliable? frame strong? I do mostly trail and mx along with some freestyle and drag racing. So im an all around type of rider. Do u recamend a yfz for me? id like to get a quad that will last? with power that will amuse me for many years to come. Thanks, TheBlasterMan