PDA

View Full Version : stock vs. 1.25" over swingarm

airdad
02-12-2006, 05:55 AM
I WANT TO KEEP THE FRONT END PLANTED IN THE WOODS. WILL A LONGER SWINGARM HELP.WILL IT AFFECT TURNING MUCH?

Bighead1
02-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Well I dont have a longer swingarm but my common sense would be yes the longer swingarm would help keeping your font end down, but It being longer might affect the turnage a little bit. I mean come on its just an inch and a fourth. But I may be totally wrong. Just my 2 cents.

rummerd
02-12-2006, 08:54 AM
have +1.25" on both of my EX's. Not only can you get on the gas harder and earlier, the quad feels better through rougher terrain, whoops, washboard, etc. Turning does not feel different to me at all. However, both of my quads are very far from stock, I think there are other places to put the 450-600 bucks for a swingarm first. Shocks being the number one reccomendation. I don't know what kind of riding you are doing, but a good set of tripple rates up front with a rebuild out back(look into GT Thunder's setup) will do worlds more than an extended swinger.

underpowered
02-12-2006, 09:22 AM
it is amazing what that extra 1.25" will do. i did not notice it much until i went back to stock length and man you can really tell a difference if you go back. i love mine. you can pick up a used one for about $300 off here.

curious george
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
i figure that an extension is just what it says. your throttle response will be better through your mind because that front end stays down so you will pick up some accelaration. turning might get better but i am not sure how a swing arm helps that becuase longer means it makes it more like a bike even though it has 4 wheels. why do they use 2 foot 3 foot extendeds for drags? because they are not going to turn only straight. hope this helps you get an idea. just what makes sense to me.