PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake block-off?

miller821
02-11-2006, 10:37 PM
I always here and see in peoples sigs. that they put a parking brake block-off on it. So i was just wondering what the advantages are to this, if there are any. And why most people do it. Kinda a stupid question, but you guys know how the 400ex parking brake hardly works so i was thinking about maybe doing it.

ride_red666
02-11-2006, 10:42 PM
well my pb didnt work so whats the point in having sumthing that dosent work. and you lose a few lbs by taking it off. it cleans up the bars aswell.

NCexRider
02-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Your parking brake can wear your pads out prematurely and doesn't even work unless you adjust it after every ride, so might as well block it off. As far as shedding weight......:D

miller821
02-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Ok cool I might buy one then, thanx a lot guys that helps.

02-12-2006, 05:27 AM
definately get one...the pad wear rate is worth the $10-15 the block off costs...

quallerd
04-22-2006, 07:55 AM
I know that all parking brake block off plates are basically the same, but which one is everyone using? I also know that some of them have to be modified because if they are not, they will actuate the rear break constantly.

Also, do you have to replace the cluch arm after removing the parking break because of the parking break mechanism that sits on top of it?

If so, what is the best (cheap) are out there.

Thanks.

Pics ar always cool!

400exmkt
04-22-2006, 08:31 PM
call golden west cycle they have a kit that comes with the perch the lever and the block off for like 30 bucks.

That is the cheapest that i have found.

JOEX
04-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by quallerd
I know that all parking brake block off plates are basically the same, but which one is everyone using? I also know that some of them have to be modified because if they are not, they will actuate the rear break constantly.

Also, do you have to replace the cluch arm after removing the parking break because of the parking break mechanism that sits on top of it?

If so, what is the best (cheap) are out there.

Thanks.

Pics ar always cool!
You don't have to change the lever but it's nice to get rid of the bulky thing:p

flybyyou440ex
04-22-2006, 09:41 PM
i got white bros for 10 bucks ,but yes get a new clutch lever and perch i got motion pro 2 finger for that

nastyn8
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
i got my tusk block off plate for like 7 bucks

Sleeper
04-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Most of the plates I have seen are the same exact plate with a different logo put on them. "lonestar racing" Moose" etc.

It's worth doing, but if you can afford it get a nice clutch lever that can be adjusted with out pliers. MSR makes a nice one for around $50.00.

Sleeper