PDA

View Full Version : Outerwears airbox cover

07-14-2002, 09:19 PM
I know on the covers the velcro craps out, so do you guys have any trick solution to that problem? Ive heard of elastics straps but i dont know if that is a "trail though" soution. the last thing i want is water and mud in my airbox because the strap broke. Thanks brent,

Ketch
07-14-2002, 10:20 PM
This is what I'm going to do It's a idea that 4punksdad had. My box has 12 one inch hole in it with uni plugs there comeing out and im going to purchase some materal from outerwears that's water repellent and epoxy it over the holes. Should keep mud and some water out with the air filter with a outerwears it will work real good I think.
:cool:

yellow_ho_01
07-15-2002, 06:01 AM
heres what i did....
i had an extra pre-ware from my polaris....(but any will do as long as it covers the whole top of the box) make up about 8 straps, each one out of 3" long nylon webbing, each has a steel gromet(like whats on the corner of a tarp)also attached to the webbing is a alastic strap,... so each strap stays tight. then all you have to do is put 8 screws (one on each side/corner) and you now have a removeable preware lid that WILL NOT FALL OFF!! ill take some pics and show you,... if anyone wants me to make one,.. tell me and ill see what i can do,,, for a small fee......

YLW400
07-15-2002, 09:49 AM
My cover ended up ripping... I saw this idea a while back and finally did it around 3 months ago. Take your factory plastic cover and cut out the center.....basically the whole thing. Just remeber to leave your attaching points. Then put on your outerware and put the lid on top of it. It really works well. Keeps the cover very tight. I cant remeber who introduced it on this site though. I think its a great mod

JB's 400ex
07-15-2002, 11:28 AM
If you look in the reviews section, there is a review on it and somebody posted doing the same thing, cutting a hole in the center of the airbox lid, stretching the cover over the box and putting the lid on. They had pictures also.