PDA

View Full Version : axle?

Chicksdigme423
02-11-2006, 12:13 PM
i have a 1996 300ex and i think my axle is bad, i bought the atv used so i dont know what exactly the axle actually is, but the length is about 31-1/2"... is that stock or is that widened? i have a picture but it really doesnt show what i'm concerned about, tell me what you think from what you can see on if it's any good or not...

2ndly it has a rad h-7 carrier, and i tried looking before on where to find bearings for that carrier and i had no luck... where can i get the bearings or should i jsut go to the bearing shop and get custom ones?

if anyone has an axle that will fit into the h-7 carrier and is 31-1/2" long in good condition and wants to sell cheap let me know....

thank you in advance

prepracing
02-11-2006, 05:42 PM
looks like a stock axle from the picture, what exactly are you concerned about with it ? As for the bearings if u have one still together you should be able to take it to a bearing shop and they can get the numbers off it or just measure it and order some. Most rads just take a double row bearing that you could order thru most dealerships or quad shops, ask C & D here on the site and they can probly tell u what bearings u need and sell them to u as well.

Chicksdigme423
02-11-2006, 06:23 PM
what i'm concerned with on my axle is where the bearings ride there is a small lip on each side, at the end of the bearing toward the middle and i was wondering if this was normal or if it was from wear when the bearings started to go and built up that lip from side to side movement of the axle

exrider008
02-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Chicksdigme423
what i'm concerned with on my axle is where the bearings ride there is a small lip on each side, at the end of the bearing toward the middle and i was wondering if this was normal or if it was from wear when the bearings started to go and built up that lip from side to side movement of the axle

there is nothing roung with it mine is like that too its how they come stock.

prepracing
02-12-2006, 03:37 AM
yeah thats normal...I don't know about the rad carriers, but stock carriers also have a spacer that goes between the bearings to keep that from happening if the bearing happens to come apart