PDA

View Full Version : guys with jeeps

YFZ450Ridr
02-11-2006, 12:02 PM
wanting to know a little from all the guys with jeep wranglers. how do they hold up for daily driver use with minor off roading, and do they flip on pavement as easily as people say. im wanting a jeep and might be getting one soon enough. is it an overall good choice of a vehicle. do they run good and have enough power to tow a small trailer with 2 quads on it? anything inparticular always going wrong with them? just wanting to know a little about them before i get one thats all.

watts16
02-11-2006, 12:22 PM
My buddies has one w/ lift ans 33s. Nothing has gone wrong with it. Hes been to the badlands 3 or 4 times with it. He doesnt have a hitch so i dont know what it can haul.

Hyperwarrior22
02-11-2006, 01:38 PM
we have a 97 with 90,000 miles on it and it still runs like a champ

we have the 2.5L and we can haul one quad quite easly

TheX1992
02-11-2006, 02:41 PM
We own a 95 wrangler with a 2.5L. Great vehicles. The only reason people tip them so easily on pavement is because the turning radius is extremely sharp and they think they can turn that sharp driving fast. Very safe, very reliable. They are definately built like a tank. Require normal maintence, but I have yet to find a 'weak point' in mine. I wouldn't pull anything too big with it though. They really are not made for towing I have heard. I towed a small 4x8 trailer (enough room for a quad) just fine, but it's hard on the clutch. If you get a 6cyl, it will be better.

T.Hopp
02-11-2006, 04:37 PM
They can be pretty hairy at times while towing. With such a short wheel base, keeping it straight with weight at the rear can be challenging. Go with a six cylinder if you plan to tow. It will pull two quads fine. Stopping is another story.
As far as trailers go, stay away from tilt bed trailers. Their axle is positioned in the center of the trailer which is cause for great care with weight distribution. keep as much weight forward as you can.(tongue weight) If you fail to do so, you will have an unpleasant surprise on the highway. Using a trailer with breaks is sugested with a CJ,YJ,TJ.

YFZ450Ridr
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
the trailer id be towing is tiny, barely big enough for 2 quads side by side. if i had to tow anything more than that id use my dads truck. any way seems like a jeep is better suited for me than i thought. i do plan on getting a 6cyl if i get one and wouldnt be towing very often. thanks for the comments guys.