PDA

View Full Version : another dumb question

honda 400ex 69
02-11-2006, 11:00 AM
sorry guys this may seem dumb but how the hell do you get the pivot bolt out on the swing arm cause i want to grease it. thanks

fastrider450r
02-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by honda 400ex 69
sorry guys this may seem dumb but how the hell do you get the pivot bolt out on the swing arm cause i want to grease it. thanks
we just put one back in my friends the other day...its easiest if you unhook the rear shock,but other than that just take the nut off and slide it out...its a good idea to grease it because my friends case cracked on the top of were the bolt goes through.

450robot
02-11-2006, 12:05 PM
put something to hold up the back part of your frame, and something to hold up the part of your swingarm closest to the pivotbolt,

then just take the nut off, and tap the bolt out with a rubber mallet, or a hammer with a thick towel over it

Johnny B
02-21-2006, 08:42 AM
ha, that does not work, i tried to take my bolt out yesterday and no way will that p.o.s budge. i took the nut off, supported the swing arm up took the shock off and hammered the hell out of the bolt. not comming out. i put an impack gun on the other side of the bolt to try to spin will not spin any ideas how to get this thing out

desratt
02-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I sized one in on my 465ex and it was hell. we ended up using a torch to cut the bolt between the swingarm and the engine . and workingit out and cutting alittle at a time. it appeared there was a bur on the bolt.
replace with a chromoly bolt.

Johnny B
02-22-2006, 08:02 AM
where would i get a chromoly bolt like that? i havent taken the bolt out yet but i will defineatly need to cut it out like you so i need a new bolt.

tucson450r
02-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Try a product called PB Blast you can get it from Wal-Mart or most any auto parts store. Soak it good and let it set overnight soak it again in the morning and you will be able to drive it out with a punch and hammer. I know people are going to say BS but it is easier to buy a $4 can of PB Blast than it is to screw up a swingarm and frame mounts. It worked for me on my 88 250r and my friends 250r!!!