PDA

View Full Version : Fouling Plugs

blackisback06
02-11-2006, 10:02 AM
i was just wondering ive had my 06 for about 4 months now and i dont ride it much, but seems like everytime i do ride it something goes wrong on it. 1st time it wouldnt start (carb out of adj) 2nd it wouldnt crank due to voltage reg. was out. 3rd it wouldnt crank due to bad jetting now its fouling plugs everytime i go to crank it. wtf is up? its starting to get really old. beginning to think about selling it and taking a huge loss on my part.

02-11-2006, 10:51 AM
ur jetting is too rich now

blackisback06
02-11-2006, 12:19 PM
thats kinda what i thought. would that make it hard to start?

02-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by blackisback06
thats kinda what i thought. would that make it hard to start? yah..it pretty m uch floods the engine with fuel

02-11-2006, 12:32 PM
take ur airbox lid off after you put a new spark plug in...that should really help

blackisback06
02-11-2006, 02:30 PM
im honestly about fed up with this damned thing. if it isnt one thing its the other. i have had it for a while and the only reason i dont ride it is because everytime i do it tears up. i got a insurance policy on it thats good for up to 7400 bucks so hopefully next time something goes wrong it will just catch fire.

02-11-2006, 02:52 PM
dang dude...maybe you should calm down. did you change the jetting from stock and richen it up? what did you put in it?

02-11-2006, 07:17 PM
im honestly about fed up with this damned thing. if it isnt one thing its the other. i have had it for a while and the only reason i dont ride it is because everytime i do it tears up. i got a insurance policy on it thats good for up to 7400 bucks so hopefully next time something goes wrong it will just catch fire.

its still under warranty right? just take it down to the honda dealer and let them deal with it.

outlaw450r
02-12-2006, 09:13 PM
sell it, i might buy it

blackisback06
02-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by outlaw450r
sell it, i might buy it come take over the payments and its urs. i'll throw in both sets of plastic (red and black) the dg bullet slip on,hrc kit, and dg full skidplate if you do. its all brand new still in the box. with the honda 4 year ext. warranty. i fricking hate this thing man. i thought i was buying honda for reliability not paying 7 grand for something to work on all the time.

blackisback06
02-13-2006, 05:55 AM
by the way the warranty is completely transferrable (sp?). and i wouldnt be selling it but i really am just sick and tired of it. completely fed up i guess u could say. i want something i can depend on and be able to ride when i want to. not something i will have to wait on warranty work to be over with so i can go riding.

Jonas
02-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Just put the thing up for sale and I'm sure someone will take it off your hands. When you modify something from stock, in the future, plan on problems if you don't know what you are doing.

blackisback06
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Jonas
Just put the thing up for sale and I'm sure someone will take it off your hands. When you modify something from stock, in the future, plan on problems if you don't know what you are doing. um hate to break it to ya there man but its not modified. its completely stock minus the head pipe and exhaust. since when does changing the exhaust out make it modified? i havent touched anything except change the plastic and change the exhaust.the hrc kit is still in the box havent had a reason to put it in yet.

02-13-2006, 02:34 PM
when you added that exhaust it let the airflow quicker because its less restrictive. when you have more airlfow you need to match that with the right fuel combination. Your jetting is stil lstock you dont know what you are doing!

blackisback06
02-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
when you added that exhaust it let the airflow quicker because its less restrictive. when you have more airlfow you need to match that with the right fuel combination. Your jetting is stil lstock you dont know what you are doing! never claimed to know what im doing just that i knew it could be the jets. im just complaining that this thing is constantly tearing up not just the plug fouling issue. ok? with that said it was fouling plugs before i changed the exhaust. sorry i didnt clarify that before. i really think i just got a lemon. this is the 5th warranty claim in less than 3 months.

440ex dragger
02-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Take over payments, deal....when can I come pick it up?

eagertorace
02-13-2006, 08:15 PM
um hate to break it to ya there man but its not modified. its completely stock minus the head pipe and exhaust. since when does changing the exhaust out make it modified? i havent touched anything except change the plastic and change the exhaust.the hrc kit is still in the box havent had a reason to put it in yet.

first, you've got to learn how to start this beast, that's how you're fouling the plugs.
second, if you already have the hrc kit then you have a reason to put it in, you will be amazed and won't hate it any longer.
and finally, when you change any part of the exhaust, you've got to rejet.

get er fixed and enjoy

blackisback06
02-14-2006, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by eagertorace
first, you've got to learn how to start this beast, that's how you're fouling the plugs.
second, if you already have the hrc kit then you have a reason to put it in, you will be amazed and won't hate it any longer.
and finally, when you change any part of the exhaust, you've got to rejet.

get er fixed and enjoy what exactly do u mean by learn how to start this beast? im kinda racing 4wheeler dumb cuz ive always had utility bikes but i know the basics about them. explain more on the start issue. cuz i actually do have trouble starting it. sorry if i sound like a dumbass but i havent spent much time with racing fourwheelers.i heard once to always start without giving it gas. but when i try that it instantly kills the battery because it has trouble cranking. so i tried tapping the gas lightly a lil bit at first and it seems to crank right up then after i shut it off it wont do anything after that. what am i doing wrong?

eagertorace
02-14-2006, 05:20 PM
this is the way I start mine when it's cold.
1. turn gas on
2. turn key on
3. make sure stop switch is on.
4. turn choke on.
5. pump the throttle a couple of times.
6. hit the start button. (without giving it any gas!!!!!!)
7. Idle for a minute or two.
8. turn choke off.
HOLD THE F^^K ON!!!!!1

blackisback06
02-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by eagertorace
this is the way I start mine when it's cold.
1. turn gas on
2. turn key on
3. make sure stop switch is on.
4. turn choke on.
5. pump the throttle a couple of times.
6. hit the start button. (without giving it any gas!!!!!!)
7. Idle for a minute or two.
8. turn choke off.
HOLD THE F^^K ON!!!!!1 thats how i always start it.

pilotpete
02-15-2006, 06:19 AM
DUDE send it back to the dealer!!!!!! let them sort it out...it's not your problem.....and if you don't use it much then a week or 2 in the dealers won't matter.....