PDA

View Full Version : deicided, kinda

bansheeguy
02-10-2006, 11:07 PM
With my income tax and my bonus at work i can get a new quad (used 04-450, new to me anyway)

What has the better frame, handling for woods etc etc over all i like the 450r better but am open to both.

What kinda problems do the 04's have?

If i get a yama i would like the kick start kit, How much are they?

Also probaly a dumb question but will billit lights from a banshee work on a 450?

450robot
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
i personally like the r better because of the tank, and how it conforms to your legs when you ride, the seat seems to be in a good position too, your butt sits in just the right point where it cant move back or forth when things get sloppy hahaha

i dunno about the lights, do you mean like trail techs? cause im sure you could make a lil brakcet for them to be mounted

Toadz400
02-11-2006, 09:57 AM
If you're wanting the kickstart then I would say just go for the 450R. There were some problems with both years, that not many people know about/like to admit. The '04's I remember quite a few were cracking the frame on the left-hand side below the plastics where the top subframe mount is. Then the early '05's had cheap main bearings put in which led to crank failure. Those are two things to watch out for the '04/'05's.

It seems like stock the 450R might have a little bit more ground clearance and softer suspension, so I would go with that for strictly woods riding just because the comfort level is high.

My YFZ is just fine for riding woods, which is basically all I do, but it feels like I need to get the shocks revalved even after messing around with the settings and the ground clearance isn't that great in rocky situations, but I doubt any stock sport quad is.