PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will This be Around?

ShiftFMX
02-10-2006, 10:51 PM
How long do you guys think Atvriders.com will be active? I've been here since the days of Leo, that was about 5 years ago, and I feel the site has been just getting BIGGER since then!

What do you guys think?

BTW, Keep up the good work Harlen!

02-10-2006, 10:53 PM
It will probably rise to the equivalent of MotoNews in the bike world. Except too many annoying kids post on here. Its $30 to post on MN and its surprisingly worth it. No annoying kids and ALOT of pros post. Some David Vuillimen/Motoworld Racing arguments have become epic.

Mxjunkie
02-10-2006, 10:55 PM
As the sport grows it will grow, I have to agree with zach, the wave of 250ex pro wannabe's is apon us...

ShiftFMX
02-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey I rode a 250ex...like 5 years ago :p

shhhh....

02-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
As the sport grows it will grow, I have to agree with zach, the wave of 250ex pro wannabe's is apon us... If I had a foam pit i could do flips. We all know what website Jon was talking about on the Stunt Junkies show.

Kids take teh int3rw3b so serious, they just need to chill, like the sig says.

I hate kids that can't type for ****, type in interweb*, and don't know what they're ranting about or why**.

*= z0mG j00 1i3k g0tZ t3h PWNz0RZ!!1!1!!!111!shift+1!!111!postoffice!!111111 1!!!!!!11!

**=Me.

Dan_Guetter
02-10-2006, 11:46 PM
^^^ Nice...lol

My brothers and I been on the site since 02, we registered and started posting in 03...we were the kids with the 10 year old banshee with works shocks and fmf pipes and we thought we had the best machinery out there....

But yeah, there is alot of crap on this site, but its all part of getting into the sport...i had my far share of stupid posts, but we all can't be rockstars right away, its about life and learning what you want to do with it...

Harlen has taken atvriders.com to the next level, and there will not be someone as deticated to atv racing as him running this site . Look what the site has done with him aboard...

Major props to Harlen and everyone else who helps out around here.....

And props for Paps for all he's done around here also....great group of people with positive attitudes.

And anyone else who i didn't mention, good job, lets keep things on the up and up!

Dan

ieatglue
02-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
^^^ Nice...lol

But yeah, there is alot of crap on this site, but its all part of getting into the sport...i had my far share of stupid posts, but we all can't be rockstars right away, its about life and learning what you want to do with it...

Harlen has taken atvriders.com to the next level, and there will not be someone as deticated to atv racing as him running this site . Look what the site has done with him aboard...

Major props to Harlen and everyone else who helps out around here.....

And props for Paps for all he's done around here also....great group of people with positive attitudes.

And anyone else who i didn't mention, good job, lets keep things on the up and up!

very well said.

crookedeyemoto-x
02-11-2006, 08:39 AM
good question, I too have been here since the days of leo. DO you other old timers remember the old old format of this website? the one that had the black back grounds etc... then it went to what we see here

Toadz400
02-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by crookedeyemoto-x
good question, I too have been here since the days of leo. DO you other old timers remember the old old format of this website? the one that had the black back grounds etc... then it went to what we see here

Yea I remember that. Wonder what everyone would think if he changed it back to that format for a day.

I've been reading and searching through this site since late 2001, watched a friend of mine post all the time during 2002 and finally registered early 2003 under a different name than I have now. This site has gone through some big changes and I wouldn't see the major increase in people on the site exactly a good thing...at least all the younger teens that failed English class and you need to hire a foreign translator to understand what they're talking about.

I expect the site to be around for quite some time.

TheFontMaster
02-11-2006, 09:59 AM
ATVriders.com isn't going anywhere for a long time. With Harlen putting so much time and effort into the site, and all the sponsors that help the site it's grown bigger than probably anyone could have imagined. There are almost 50,000 registered members, when I joined about 2 years ago, I don't think there was more than 20,000.

trx400exxracer
02-11-2006, 10:04 AM
yeah and the good thing about it is that it is just not a forum it has so much more like the chat room and interviews etc.

ShiftFMX
02-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Here (http://web.archive.org/web/20010405090737/http://exriders.com/) you go guys! Check that out!

ZeroLogic
02-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
How long do you guys think Atvriders.com will be active? I've been here since the days of Leo, that was about 5 years ago, and I feel the site has been just getting BIGGER since then!

What do you guys think?

BTW, Keep up the good work Harlen!

Forever! :o

BlasterEaten250
02-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Here (http://web.archive.org/web/20010405090737/http://exriders.com/) you go guys! Check that out! Now thats old school :bandit:

cool 300ex
02-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Now thats old school :bandit:

Wow that is old! I think exriders will be around for along time to come. Same goes for other atv website's.

Punk'd
02-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Now thats old school :bandit:

Hey I remember when it was like that! lol

BlasterEaten250
02-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Hey I remember when it was like that! lol Old man:p

Mxjunkie
02-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
^^^ Nice...lol

My brothers and I been on the site since 02, we registered and started posting in 03...we were the kids with the 10 year old banshee with works shocks and fmf pipes and we thought we had the best machinery out there....

Dan

Hey hey hey, Derek kicked *** on the banshee cant diss the shee lol

crookedeyemoto-x
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
thats it i was on here in late 2000 and registered in jan 2001 i remember the good ole days