PDA

View Full Version : Outerwears Shock Covers-Dyeing?

LightningEX
02-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Okay,I am embarassed but I got some free Outerwears for my EX but they are PURPLE!They are in great shape besides that though.Is there anyway to dye them possibly to red or black if need be?Thanks.

Crazy Diamond
02-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Did anybody ever see what they do to your shocks? I bought a set of used 400 shocks off a 5 month old quad that had them on and all the paint was worn off the coils. The chrome was worn pretty good where they wrapped around the shock too! I was just thinking that if they were on for a long time how much dirt gets in that can't be hosed off and wear your seals out quicker. Personally, I like the shocks without. At least you could see that they are cleaned good after washing.

LightningEX
02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
True but I use to always take off the shock covers when I gave my ex a cleaning.Thanks.

prepracing
02-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Diamond
Did anybody ever see what they do to your shocks? I bought a set of used 400 shocks off a 5 month old quad that had them on and all the paint was worn off the coils. The chrome was worn pretty good where they wrapped around the shock too! I was just thinking that if they were on for a long time how much dirt gets in that can't be hosed off and wear your seals out quicker. Personally, I like the shocks without. At least you could see that they are cleaned good after washing.

Thats because u didn't clean them......its just like an outerwear for an airfilter. U still have to clean both the outerwear and shocks every so often or both will show wear/damage :rolleyes:

LightningEX
02-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Maybe I should try spray paint?:eek2:

jltld
02-12-2006, 12:09 PM
You can dye them black with RIT dye for really cheap.

Crazy Diamond
02-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I'd rather do without them! Just my opinion!