PDA

View Full Version : shocks acting all funky update

450robot
02-10-2006, 07:52 PM
well, if some of your remember i had a problem with my elka lt's not rebounding after i pushed them to the ground

well, it was a simple fix, i have the spring crossover peices on upside down, and it made the shock fully cycle through its travel before any other springs other than the ssd spring compressed

im still sending them out of service and a revalve/repsring

but just thought somebody wanted to know

i also have a question about the ssd spring

i have it set so when i lift my front end up, there is about 15inch of clearance on the front of my quad, and when i push it down with my hand, it sags down to about 13 inches before the springs reach a point where they can compress and rebound

is this ok? or should i tighten my preload ring a lil more, so it only sags about an inch instead of 2

sorry, im a little unclear on what that sag spring accually does, can someone explain it to me?

450robot
02-10-2006, 09:02 PM
anyone wanna help me out?

yamablaster24
02-10-2006, 09:51 PM
For your last question, this is to keep the front tires on the ground and grabbing traction under acceleration or in the whoops. The more sag you have the harder it is for your bike to leave the ground. Its all on your riding style. Unless your bottoming out on jumps and the place is all rutted out i like to set the preload low and run 2-4 inches of sag and the bike handles on rails