PDA

View Full Version : HELP... is this YFZ reasonable...

reichart90
02-10-2006, 07:51 PM
ok so heres the deal. a buddy of mine has a suzuki quadracer250 or whatever they are. hes got like 13K in that thing and he hates it. and its prob worth like $800 now lol. anyway... he has $8000 cash that he wants to buy a 450 of some sort. we've went to all the dealerships... gotten the best prices (which suck on the new ones... and no one in our area can get any new suzuki LTR450s anytime soon.

a kid we know in our area wants to sell his 2004 yfz450. it has been raced in about 12 races then it was rolled. nothing happened to it at all. the plastic wasnt even scratched. the kid got scared basically... bought all new suspension for it and has raced it once but is now real gun-shy basically so he just putts around his practice track at his house. he wants to sell it to put towards funds to start his own xmas tree farm. anyway, tell me if its a good deal... heres what it has...

hermman +2 +1 long travel front end.
hermman standard length aftermarkert swingarm
-forget the brand- lowering linkage.
elka piggyback adj front suspension (no rebound tho)
elka adj rear suspension
(^ those 4 listed have one race on them... like new!!!)
lonestar +4 axle
curtis sparks full exhaust
pro peg nerfs
chrome duncan front bumper
rear standard beadlocks with like new turf tamers
stock front wheels with holeshot mx's 30% tread
a brand new set front and rear of razr mxs
tag fat bar handlebars
k&n filter
stock blue plastics
--- i cant think anything else off the top of my head---

this kid has taken very very good care of it. its exceptionally clean. we know him well enough that hes not lying, hes a good kid. he said its has not had any electrical problems since he owned it (no stator problems or anything like others he knew of). the thing runs prefect. it has been jetted properly and valved we're just checked too for alignment. regular oil changes. it runs realllly well. i got to ride it. my first time ever on a yfz... i was impressed.

he wants $8000 firm for it

is it worth it???

the more responses the better. it seems fair to me. he says he has roughly $12,500 plus in it. everything mentioned above comes with it.

thanks in advance for the input

-tim

K_Fulk
02-10-2006, 10:42 PM
I would have a hard time paying more 6 6.5 k for any used quad. No matter how nice it is.

If he has that much saved and wants a quad ready to go I would probly just get the ltr. JMO...

Crazy Honda
02-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Wow he could have one like this for around 6800.00. But hey thats just one option. If he thinks its worth it than go for it you only live once.

sampson47
02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Just for a heads up....that is to much for an 04 with the amount of parts on it.. The quad sounds nice, but you should not be paying any more than 6k at the absolute most!!!!!:)

reichart90
02-12-2006, 10:01 AM
thanks for the imput. it sure is disgusting how much quads lose in value.

RIDER11X
02-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Honda
Wow he could have one like this for around 6800.00. But hey thats just one option. If he thinks its worth it than go for it you only live once.

:eek2: Wow! Nice quad!

Do you think I could take that for a ride sometime?:ermm:

:devil: ;)

exrider360
02-24-2006, 07:10 AM
i work at a dealer and we got one more ltr left were in upstate new york.

Ride1Rob
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Actually, that's not a bad price at all on the YFZ w/ all the aftermarket parts on it. If your friend is looking to make his bike MX ready he he'll come out wayyyy over that price if he buys a new bike. Just the shocks and the front end he has on that bike on a brand new YFZ will run around $9500 w/ the bike included. If he can talk him down to 7500 which he may come down it would be your friends loss easy.

muff
02-27-2006, 07:02 PM
I would search around in the for sale forums here real quick and on yfzcentral before buying it. I would say you could find ones for cheaper without to much hassle, theres usually a couple decent deals out there.

It would cost your more putting the parts on yourself, but for the parts that are on it I wouldn't pay that much (and I have bought several yfzs for more and less :p )

SRH
03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
i have over 16k invested in mine and i think if i sold it id ask 11500 but then again mostly everything is aftermarket, expcet for the subframe and motor and its mint...id say for what u were saing no more than 6500