PDA

View Full Version : Tips for MX!

Chino886
02-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey y'all,

This is going to be my first year racing MX, I was just wanting to see if anyone has any tips on the track that they would like to share (woops, rythem sections, doubles.......). Any little bit helps!

Thanks in advance!

Loser450
02-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Get in shape and then go to Joe Byrds house for two days... :D That helped me more than anything that anyone ever told me.

Chino886
02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Loser450
Get in shape and then go to Joe Byrds house for two days... :D That helped me more than anything that anyone ever told me.

Directions????:devil:

I am in pretty good shape, I work out and cardio 5 times a week....:eek:

reconmaster
02-11-2006, 01:25 PM
if you got a friend that has farm equipment or lives on a farm that rides get them to build a track

#8red
02-15-2006, 10:56 AM
hey Dave - the best tip I could give ya' is just try to keep yer' cool - it's easy to get all amped up & excited before a race and that'll kill ya' - you'll get arm pump before ya' know it and if it's a long race you'll be exhausted 1/2 way thru - RELAX & keep the mindset that it's just for fun like a ride w/ buddies on a sunday afternoon - just get in front & stay there - it's alot easier than havin' to pass people - try a beer - 2 max about 1/2 hr. before race - (inside yer' trailer) it really helps nerves - how's those a-arms???

Chino886
02-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey Bart,

Hopefully they will get back to me by the end of this week, the thread had rust pitting really bad, that is why I had a hard time getting the ball joints in.....

How was your dunes trip, did the arms and shocks work for you? Any improvement over your old setup? Did you get the bushing?

#8red
02-15-2006, 12:59 PM
we're leaving friday mornin' for sand lakes in oregon - I did get everything on & that bushing came monday - I got to ride for an hr. or so at my budd's track we're building just down the road and it felt great - those shocks really lower my frontend - now just need to save up some $$ for a rear - but worked great - that zps style is deff. different - but for the better I think - man those arms are lookin' good - is that candyapple red? it looks like my frame

Chino886
02-15-2006, 01:02 PM
It is a sparkle red, looks different in light, it is dark there..... I believe. I am glad that everything worked out for you.

I just got some bad news from the Pappy, the tie rods are not useable so I have to wait for a new set....

#8red
02-15-2006, 01:15 PM
the tie rods - or ball joints???

Chino886
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
tie rods