PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse Duarbility for MX

400exrider_ed
02-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Ok I have read every possible thread in every atv forum site about the Rekluse clutch, it sounds worth getting. I do have one concern and question about it's durability when used for MX racing on a weekly basis. How does it truly hold up, I've read in unamous places of them causing the clutch assembly to come apart and do major damage. True or False? I also read that they make your clutch fibers and plates tear up enough to harm engines that share the same engine/tranny fluids. True or False. I am seriously thinking this will make my laps faster on a mx track, but dont need something letting go inside destroying my 2000.00 (kfx400) motor. Thanks for any info.

bradley300
02-10-2006, 09:35 PM
seems to me, that the people that keep up on the adjusting seem to have the least problems. does seem like they do need constant adjustment tho

Bill Winner
02-13-2006, 10:52 AM
I have one and I love it! It has not given me one problem.

JW450R1
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
i heard u really got to keep it adjusted.i also heard that if not adjusted properly it will tear your clutch system apart.

mike nash
02-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Bill Winner why don't you tell us your personal experience with this product? Seems everyone that has one says they are great, but no one ever says why. Thanks in advance Bill.

Bill Winner
02-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Ok.
I had an accident in the fall of 03. Crushed my left fingers to the point where I have three nubs and the index is half gone. Thank God I still have my thumb. My mechanic buddy helped me install the rekluse and I think that's why I haven't had any problems with it. If I had done it myself it may not have been done as well. I don't use a clutch cable because I couldn't use it anyway. I have a return spring mounted to the cluth lever at the motor to replace what would be in the cable. With the rekluse I can still race motocross as fast if not faster than before because I really sucked in the corners and now the clutch takes care of itself. I do have trouble getting a decent holeshot because I can't dump the clutch like before.

Bill Winner
02-14-2006, 10:47 AM
As for durability I haven't had to adjust a thing. I probably don't go through a cluth as fast as the next guy because I have my rekluse set to engage kinda early.

Bill Winner
02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
If there are any qestions about my experience with the clutch I'll try to answer the best I can.

mike nash
02-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Bill, thank you for your input. Really sorry to hear about your accident. Happy your still with us doing what we all love to do. Maybe you should contact Rekluse and tell your story it may inspire others. Again thank you.

#1rmman220
02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
i would go hinson racing cluch and basket if you get any thing raced mx with my old bike and it was great, but im going to buy one for my newer bike i just got.