PDA

View Full Version : Will it fit (anyone small get one) ?

wyldelee
02-10-2006, 12:45 PM
I am down to the wire, trying to make a decision between buying a new LTR ($7200 OTD) or a completely done (elka LT, Roll,RPM,Dyna,Yoshi, etc etc)
MX ready 05' Z for $6200?

My question is for those of you who already have the LTR, or have sat on one,

will it fit me (I am 5'3" and weigh 130-140lbs. depending on the day)?

I have heard that the shocks are very stiff and and work good for someone 190 lbs. with all the preload out. Also heard that the bars are high and work for someone 6'1" ? Any idea if I would have to have the shocks revalved and buy new bars for it to fit my weight and height?

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Racing Rice
02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
I personally would for the the new LTR450. You'll a brand new bike for $1000 more. A new bike will have a warranty. You will know how the new one has been treated. How is the suspension on the Z setup? If it is setup for someone larger, you will have to have everything revalved anyway.

Ultimately, it's all up to you though. I don't know about your size though. The only thing I can recommend is sitting on one and see how it feels to you.

CdaleXtreme
02-12-2006, 09:13 AM
the bars are a cheap fix, and you can, and should get the suspension revalved and sprung anyhow.

LTZ400ApK
02-12-2006, 01:10 PM
im 5'7 150lbs i owned a Z and now own the 450,I like the feel of the 450 much better over the Z

wyldelee
02-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I agree wholeheartedly! I went and picked mine up last night. Put the cherrybomb on, airlid off, and peashooter out.

I can easily buy new bars and revalve the shocks if needed.
I am very happy so far. Have been doing the break-in today, but after that I will see what she needs?

thanks for the help everyone.

AceLtz
02-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Im a little over 5 feet and i only 126lbs. im taking the ltr on a good ride tomorrow. i adjusted the shocks and ill let you know how the suspension feels. Right now though i can tell the front is going to be a little stiff. The rear shock has so much adjustment i wont have a problem with that.

wyldelee
02-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks Ace. I just finished the break-in. It was a cold and windy day here in Florida, but I just had to get that LTR done so I could seriously ride it.

Have you made any adjustments to the suspension yet? Taken the preload out? Let me know how it goes, and if you find an adjustment that works for us lightweights :)

Thanks,
Lee

Quad Boy 660r
02-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Does anyone have pics of them riding their LTRs.

They still havent made it into the midwest yet.

NickDavis
02-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey Ace how did you get your pipe already?

spudss
02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
Does anyone have pics of them riding their LTRs.

They still havent made it into the midwest yet.

They are in the midwest just in limited amounts.. There is 2 that havent sold yet at a local dealer for 6997 Out The Door..

cisco
02-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I am 5'3 also and i sat on one friday and it felt pretty good.But I would raise the pegs an inch to increase the gap between you and the seat.I did this on my 250r and it made a huge difference.This is also what Ricky Carmichael on his motorcycle because of his short height.I would also recomend going to a lower rise bar.As for the shocks I would lower the bike with the preload load adjustment(aka)the jam nut on the springs,then soften the compression as long as it doesn't bottom.this is a good way to go you'll get a lower ride height without bottoming if adjusted correctly.