PDA

View Full Version : 265 national

quad_machine
02-10-2006, 08:26 AM
I shearch top end 265 national and i was asking if i could keep my pipe LRD ajustable and the stock tranmission it is safe or a afthermarket transmission gear ar recommended ?

Thanks, Christian

punker69q
02-10-2006, 10:12 AM
For the pipe, I have no idea, as I have never tried those lrd adjustable pipes, but it's allways best to have a pipe matched to the porting. For the gears though, stock ones should be fine if they are in good condition, top end ported 265 doesn't have much torque.

Welcome to these boards! I see from your sign that you are from the province of quebec, near where do you live?

hondardr4life
02-10-2006, 12:56 PM
LRD makes a really good pipe. A lot of people like them. Like he said, as long as your gears aren't worn out they should be fine. I know Baldwin sells a 2nd-6th gear tranny kit, but I'm pretty sure its really expensive. Its not really worth it unless you NEED new gears. I also believe that the kit changes your ratio's a slight bit, and makes them better for MX. So if you have a big pocketbook, and you are very serious about motocross, then what the heck, might as well buy them.

quad_machine
02-10-2006, 05:01 PM
i watching huevos 2 in national scene, have a 250r with stock cylinder..... and other with 265PV and more... the stock cylinder with good big bore and porting, afthermarket head and carbu, pipe and v-force it is good for MX race or are not enough ? the temperature of the motor with big bore it is very hot or is ok ?

But i don't buy 350PV because is very expensive in gaz and i ride little bite in trail, pit, with my friends and i don't like get gaz with me...

I know wath type of cylinder fixing in my 250r... :ermm: