PDA

View Full Version : Road Legal?

Phil H
02-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Just wondering if you guys in the states are able to register your ATV's for road (highway) use as we can in europe?

44oEX
02-10-2006, 05:05 AM
no

Bighead1
02-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Mabe in our dreams. lol, I have seen some/ few people do it but not many.

01screamindemon
02-11-2006, 10:48 AM
In some states you can, but i think there is only a handful of states at that. One guy in kansas with a raptor got everything to make it street legal, then had it registered as an auto. Everything worked and now he can drive wherever.

roundsy
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
we can't here in ontario, but im not sure for the northern parts of canada

PolarisRider06
03-12-2006, 04:08 PM
sorry for resurecting a dead thread but it caught my eye.... in wyoming you can license a quad for something like 118 bucks a year. i found that out when i went to check out wyotech and saw a raptor going right down grand ave (the main road) in laramie in traffic.... i talked to the guy a little bit later and he said that he was going to wyotech and licensed his quad for road use in wyoming and i don't think he even had to get insurance on it and he didn't need blinkers, just hand signals... i wish i could do that in MN

z40021
03-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I live in MN and ride mine to work every day. Im only 15 so i cant drive a car and aint supposed to ride my z400 on the rode since im 15 but the cops dont care. Iv been pulled over like 8 times in the last month - month & a 1/2. They tell me to use hand signals and take the corners slower thats it.

PolarisRider06
03-13-2006, 09:27 PM
i've been stopped a few times here in my small dot on the minnesota map as well....

actually twice in the same day last week because i decided to make my first actual "ride" of the season a ride to school. which involved gravel roads almost all the way to town, but then to get to school i had to go through town, i got stopped once right in the morning (which i will admit was my fault because i went for a little joy ride into the country on the highway behind the school) and the cop just told me i shouldn't be riding on the roads and to not do it anymore because other people might see me and think that they can to and cause a problem for the cops. then one more time after school on a backstreet in town a cop stopped me and told me that 4-wheelers aren't allowed in town anymore (used to be designated streets)

they didn't really bother me just told me to take it easy and to get out of town....

03-16-2006, 10:19 PM
you can in germany and stuf i bought QUAD magazine and there was a street legal banshee, and a prototype polaris preddy street legal.

Predatorman500
03-17-2006, 10:41 AM
i live in MI and it is illegal to ride on the roads anyways, the cops don't care i live out in the country and ride back and forth from farm to farm an they don't even bother me any more. and i am to only 15 so i can not drive. They have tried to pull me over a few times but they never can catch me so i think they just gave up, but the DNR are a different story they will chase you and that sucks!!!!

03-17-2006, 12:52 PM
predatorman500

its illeagel but they dont care.

Mean250r
03-17-2006, 02:54 PM
wow you guys are luckey, if i ever rode on a main road here in jersy i would get my bike taken, and then prob get in touble for riding( im under 16) and then prob get my license suspended until im 21! :eek2:

03-17-2006, 03:34 PM
i ride up and down the dirtrodes where i live and the cops SOMETIMES say go easly and dont do donuts and stuf, some say "next time i see you out here im taking that 4 wheeler" but i still have it. ill be 16 in 7 days !!!!!!! :)