PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P :( Thee ole' Banshee

justin_yfz450
02-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Tell us your all thoughts in this forum. The banshee was definately my favorite atv. From factory the power isnt too great but the banshee will always be my favorite atv. I wish Yamaha could find a way to fix the emissions part and create a special edition 500cc banshee for about 3 years at least.

enquadrider16
02-09-2006, 10:42 PM
even if it was just the last year, like a going away year, or a victory lap banshee. that'd be tight

bansheerider4
07-16-2006, 09:31 PM
i read in dirtwheels magazine there making a 500cc 4-stroke banshee for 2007 or what not

bansheeCJ
07-16-2006, 11:44 PM
The Banshee will always be my favorite quad. I can't stand any of these new gay 4-strokes. I think they should still make Banshee's. They are a one-of-a-kind quad and nothing will ever be able to take it's place.

bansheexcracer2
07-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Evinrude which makes boat motors has come out with a no harmful emisions motor, so it is only a matter of time befor they put it in quads and bikes. The shee will be the 1st one to come back then maby the 250r.

07-19-2006, 12:12 AM
They havent stop producing the banshee yet in canada, check out the 2007 banshee: www.yamaha-motor.ca :)

firefighterjosh
07-19-2006, 12:37 AM
the banshee is still my favorite quad. I still have that loving memory when It broke my shoulder.:D Love Hurts

bansheerider4
07-19-2006, 09:51 AM
that banshee looks sick thats in canada....wish america still made them

Mxjunkie
07-19-2006, 06:06 PM
I'll allway's have a Banshee no matter what :cool:

Flodies400ex
07-19-2006, 10:32 PM
I rode a banshee a couple of days ago because my 400ex broke down and a firend of mine let me ride his man o0 man I am going to get one Soon, maybe this weekend maybe but I dont no yet but they are quick prepared of my 400ex dang i want to get one lol and its the last year of them selling them

troutman561
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Yea evinride made that motor(actually bombairdier or however you spell it)... but it weights as much as the 4 strokes of equal HP, actually slightly less but not much.. it would take an elaborate exhaust system on a 2 stroke quad to make low emissions.. tho I guess if it comes from the factory its ok and just throw aftermarket on it later.. who knows....

chris642
07-30-2006, 06:02 PM
dont matter, you can make a whole banshee from all aftermarket anyway. All you gotta do is hit ebay for a motor and your good.

speeddemon105
08-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Yea evinride made that motor(actually bombairdier or however you spell it)... but it weights as much as the 4 strokes of equal HP, actually slightly less but not much.. it would take an elaborate exhaust system on a 2 stroke quad to make low emissions.. tho I guess if it comes from the factory its ok and just throw aftermarket on it later.. who knows....
Its not the exhaust system at all thats taming the emissions. And evinrude wasn't the first to do it. That honor belongs to yamaha.

The technology to make a clean burning 2 stroke has already been around for awhile, before the 4 strokes even took over. All it takes is fuel injection, more specifically direct injection. The fuel is no longer mixed with gas ever. The oil and air are the only things coming through the reed valves, with the gas coming from a high pressure (800 psi or so) fuel injector sitting in the head squirting directly into the combustion chamber. Using crank position sensors and computers, the fuel isn't squirted into the cylinder until the piston has covered up the exhaust port. Since the oil isn't thinned out by gas, it doesn't flow as easily through the engine, and is burned more completely.

Better fuel mileage, clean emissions. As far as boat motor weights, its not a drastic difference, but every little bit counts. A 200 hp Yamaha HPDI weighs 475lbs. 4 stroke 200 weighs 583. But thats boat motors, not quads.

NPelletier
08-06-2006, 06:27 PM
both the banshee and blaster are coming back with 4steoke snowmobile engines:D