PDA

View Full Version : What is Up with KTM & Kawasaki 450 Qauds?

Waynes400ex
02-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Just like the title says, has anyone heard anything about either of these companies releasing a sport quad? I know a KTM is in the making but I havent heard much about the Kawi. Thanks for the input!

redlineranger
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Waynes400ex
Just like the title says, has anyone heard anything about either of these companies releasing a sport quad? I know a KTM is in the making but I havent heard much about the Kawi. Thanks for the input!

a while back in a dirtwheels i seen some drawings of the KTM, i dont know when or if its gonna happen but it looked to be pretty badass

now about the kawasaki, another dirtwheels issue said that there breaking away from suzuki (with the whole copy of the z400) and that there building there on 450. i cant wait to see what it looks like..... hope this helps

KWAD GAWD
02-09-2006, 08:49 PM
I've heard a little. I'd say by 2007 they should each have one out. I heard KTM could possibly have a late release 06, but I doubt it. The KTM will most likely be a new chassis designed by Polaris with KTM 450 engine technology and good KTM components such as Brembo brakes and the hydraulic clutch. Call Rath Racing and ask Darryl if he knows about the KTM? From Kawi, i haven't heard anything major. It'll be based off the KXF450 bike engine... and it won't be a Suzuki with green plastic, it'll be a completly new designed quad. the rest is up in the air. Kaw doesn't have a very good sport quad track record.. so they might go all out with this one to try to compete with the other manfctrs.

tat900
02-10-2006, 09:10 AM
ktm are her ein arkasnas allready local ktm delaer has em in stock saw em yesterday

sickmojave
02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
which Dealer?? what's thier name??

02-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by tat900
ktm are her ein arkasnas allready local ktm delaer has em in stock saw em yesterday I have a few Unicorns in stock, too. I'm also including $200 worth of acessories with 05 Tooth Fairy's.

Toadz400
02-10-2006, 09:42 AM
ktm are her ein arkasnas allready local ktm delaer has em in stock saw em yesterday

I'll pay anybody $500 to translate that.

sickmojave
02-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I'll pay anybody $500 to translate that.

KTM's are here in Arkansas already.. My Local KTM dealer has them in stock.. I seen them yesterday..

Make check payable to sickmojave @.......... LMAO :devil:

I just want to know what dealer he seen them at.. :huh

02-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
KTM's are here in Arkansas already.. My Local KTM dealer has them in stock.. I seen them yesterday..

Make check payable to sickmojave @.......... LMAO :devil:

I just want to know what dealer he seen them at.. :huh The "I'm high on PCP" dealer.

duke416ex
02-10-2006, 11:28 AM
If you do find out what dealer, let me know cause last I was told it would be 07 before they were out.

450robot
02-10-2006, 11:34 AM
i dont know if its true or not, but dirtwheels had a small article about husqavarna coming out with a 450 quad too (not one of those dirtbike conversions, but a real race bred atv chassis)

sickmojave
02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
if I'm not mistaken husqavarna has already made one a few years back.. someone on this site still has one.. for some reason I think it was Chef.. but I'm not 100% sure

Racing Rice
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Does anyone think that Kawasaki will go for more of a XC platform then a MX platform? Just curious to see what people think.

The Suzuki seems to be the most MX oriented while the 450R could probably pass for the most trail oriented of the big 4. I just wonder if Kawasaki would aim for the platform that is getting the least amount of attention or dive head first into the MX scene.

smr
02-10-2006, 12:06 PM

We are talking about quads. We know the 06 dirt bikes are out.

TheFontMaster
02-10-2006, 01:38 PM
There was alot of disusion a couple months back about KTM teaming up with Polaris. Thats about all I've heard.

trx400exxracer
02-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Does anyone think that Kawasaki will go for more of a XC platform then a MX platform? Just curious to see what people think.

The Suzuki seems to be the most MX oriented while the 450R could probably pass for the most trail oriented of the big 4. I just wonder if Kawasaki would aim for the platform that is getting the least amount of attention or dive head first into the MX scene.

I think kawi will be more of a xc thaan mx quad

I cant wait for the KTM

quadman21
02-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Where have you guys been? lol Don't you remember many tears ago Ballace was the first one to do any real testing on a kawie quad? he rode it the last year Hawk raced then yokely rode it for a couple of seasons. They were really the first to get the whole ball rolling. I know it was basically a roll chassis with a kx250 engine, but they were still the first to at least experiment and start the research. That's why I was persanally very confused when they released the kxf and the z400 and they were the same.:confused: But my question now is when is kawasaki going to come out with there own 450 breed of quad?

STEVENJANNA
02-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by quadman21
Where have you guys been? lol Don't you remember many tears ago Ballace was the first one to do any real testing on a kawie quad? he rode it the last year Hawk raced then yokely rode it for a couple of seasons. They were really the first to get the whole ball rolling. I know it was basically a roll chassis with a kx250 engine, but they were still the first to at least experiment and start the research. That's why I was persanally very confused when they released the kxf and the z400 and they were the same.:confused: But my question now is when is kawasaki going to come out with there own 450 breed of quad?
It's funny because just yesterday I was flipping through the old issue of Dirt Wheels with that Kawi on the cover.

Racing Rice
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Kawasaki has the capability to build an awesome sport ATV, whether they choose to or not is just something we will have to wait and see. I hope so though.