PDA

View Full Version : D7 Rulebook

Pappy
02-09-2006, 07:27 PM
2006 AMA District 7 ATV MX Rules

All rules set forth in the current Amateur, Semi-Professional, and Youth Competition Rule Book will govern these events unless set forth in this supplemental. Rules can be obtained from the AMA’s website at www.amadirectlink.com.
1. General rules
a. All ATV safety rules apply to all ATV classes.
b. All ATV’s must be equipped with a functional tether type kill device.
c. All ATV’s must be fitted with a self closing throttle.
d. All protests must be in writing from the rider involved and be accompanied by a protest fee of $25.00. The protest must be presented to the referee no later than 30 minutes after the final results are posted.
e. Classes: Adult Youth
"A" 0-50cc Ltd. (4-6 yrs)
"B" 0-50cc Prod. (6-8 yrs)
"C" (Novice & 1st year riders) 51-70cc Prod. (6-11 yrs)
Vet (30+) 71-90cc Prod. (8-15 yrs)
Senior (40+) 200 2s/300 4s Prod. Youth (13-15 yrs)
f. All adult classes are unlimited cc modified, 2-stroke and 4-stroke combined, unless otherwise indicated. All adult riders must be over the age of 16 years. See AMA rulebook for full details on youth class specifications.
g. All Motocross quads must have a closed loop bar system (Nerf bars).
h. All number plates must be clearly displayed and be of contrasting colors (i.e., black on white) as described in the General Equipment Chapter of the AMA Competition Rule Book. Suggeted: Pro-White # on Blue plates, A-Black # on White plates, B-White # on Red plates, C-Black # on Yellow plates.
i. Riders must display matching numbers front, back and on both sides of rear fenders. Riders must use and display their assigned numbers.
j. District 7 “B” and “C” riders will be advanced according to the AMA national advancement RPV system to “A” and “B” Class respectively the following season unless immediate advancement is required (see rule 1.k.) The first and second place year end points finishing riders must advance.
k. At the discretion of the ATV Chairman, a rider may be advanced to a higher class who is clearly riding above his current class.
2. Rider Eligibility
a. All current AMA or ATVA members in good standing who hold a full membership card. A current District 7 card is mandatory to receive D-7 series points. A D-7 card must be obtained by June 1, 2006 to be eligible for year end awards. AMA/ATVA and District memberships can be purchased the day of the race.
3. Awards
a. The top ten riders in each class will receive a year end award only if the said rider has completed at least half (50%) of the races.
b. Previous year championship District 7 points riders first through seventh place can display the number they earned in the previous year points series in the same class. (i.e.-1a,2a,1b,2b,1c,2c,1v,2v)
c. The worst two overall race scores are thrown away for year end awards if the rider has competed in all races.
4. Points Schedule
1—30 points 6—15 points 11—10 points 16—5 points
2—25 points 7—14 points 12—9 points 17—4 points
3—21 points 8—13 points 13—8 points 18—3 points
4—18 points 9—12 points 14—7 points 19—2 points
5—16 points 10—11 points 15—6 points 20—1 point

ATV Motocross District 7 Championship point series will be based on the above point schedule. These points are per moto (not overall per race). All ties will be broken by the most firsts, seconds, thirds, etc.

Race Procedure - If there are more riders in a class than can be accommodated on the course and starting line, one of the two following programs will be used based on the promoter’s discretion.
Riders are divided into as many equal groups as necessary to accommodate the maximum number of riders in a starting gate for qualifying heats in the first moto. In moto 2, the final heat will run first followed by the consolation heats, in order, with start gate drops staggered at the promoter’s discrepancy. Equal quantities from each qualifying heat with the highest finishes will transfer to the final heat, and equal quantities of the remainder of the riders with the next best finishes will transfer to consolation heat 1, and so on for as many consolation heats needed to accommodate all riders. i.e.: 4 qual. heats of 20 will send riders 1-5 from each qual. to the final, riders 6-10 to the consolation heat 1, etc. The number of qualifying heats in moto 1 will determine final and consolation heat capacity in moto 2. (i.e.- 2 qual.-20 riders, 3 qual.-21 riders, 4 qual.-20 riders, 5 qual. yields-20 riders, 6 qual.-18 riders, etc.) Riders in the final heat (moto 2) will be scored by order that they cross the finish line from 1st to the last rider in the last consolation heat. Note: A rider from a consolation heat start can place in the final heat. Points will be based on both moto finishes.
Riders are divided into as many equal groups as necessary to accommodate the maximum number of riders in a starting gate. Two motos will be run for each group with riders being scored on their two moto finishes.

Any questions, contact D-7 ATV Chairman Jeremy Brandwein 9:30-11:00 p.m. @ h:(703) 683-9478, anytime @ c:(571)
238-9113, or via email at rockerblu@aol.com. For race schedules and current point standings visit D7 website at
www.amadistrict7.com.

danny250r
03-05-2006, 03:53 PM
i see 50 ltd 4-6 yrs old. is that right??? does anyone know if budds creek will race this class this year. where is jeremy to answer this. my 4 yr old is ready to hand out some ***** woopins.just kidding , but he is really ready to go.

Delaware152
03-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Budd's is not racing youth. The schedule states which dates are youth.

danny250r
03-08-2006, 02:58 PM
quote: (Delaware152 Budd's is not racing youth. The schedule states which dates are youth.)

JT?

Delaware152
03-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Sure is. How did you guess? lol

danny250r
03-10-2006, 04:01 PM
wasnt hard. cant wait to get back out there w/ you guys. what are you going to ride this year? how are your cannondales holding up?

smitty7
12-10-2006, 08:46 PM
hey i have a 250 and iam 15 wat class would i run in..?

smitty7
12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
wat class would u run a raptor 350 in?

Pappy
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
smitty, there isnt a class for a 350cc machine with a 15 year old rider.

the youth production classes only allow up to a 300cc 4 stroke.

smitty7
12-13-2006, 03:40 PM
is there a class that u can run 350s in...but iam proble runing the 200/300 class with a diffrent quad..