PDA

View Full Version : motor cutting out

Got_Mort03
02-09-2006, 04:48 PM
well i just got my bike back from the shop getting a new cam chain installed and now when i start getting into the upper rpms the motor starts cutting out, but it never did this until after i got the cam chain replaced. i did get it rejetted before the work on the motor the only thing i can think of is that it is getting to much fuel now because maby it jumped time with the old cam chain...not sure what is going on with it but it sure is annoying thee hell outta me. any help would be great thanks.

m1ke
02-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Did you set it to TDC and align the sprocket marks with the head when you installed it?

Could the coil be weak?

emaxxjeremy
02-10-2006, 05:37 AM
mine diod the exact same thing when i rejetted. it was too rich and washing out the plug. i would say try a smaller jet

pit/wood
02-10-2006, 07:46 AM
did you ride it after the rejet,before the chain replacement?If so how did it run?if not yea check the timing,its easy to do.

Got_Mort03
02-10-2006, 08:08 AM
yes it ran fine before the chain replacement, now its not running like it once did. i was going to change the jets next thats what i thought the problem was. i had a performance shop install the chain for me. ive had the motor apart a thousand time but that was something i didnt want to try. i just got bigger studs installed about 2 months ago because the were stretched. just seems like one problem after another for me. trying to get it ready to race gncc this year, trying to get the old girl tuned up..thanks for the help

pit/wood
02-10-2006, 01:35 PM
I would suspect the cam to crank timing.if you have a tdc indicator(one that goes in the sparkplug hole)it would be easy to verify cam-crank timing.let the shop check it.(though I dont think I would want them to work on my chainsaw if they screwed up a timing chain job)

Got_Mort03
02-10-2006, 08:34 PM
thanks for all the help guys i got to work on it today during my lunch from work and it was the jetting...i went down a couple and now it runs like a champ. i guess that when i jetted it with thc cam chain loose it must have jumped time a little and when i got the chain replaced the mechanic put it back in time and it was way too rich but now things are fine and im glad she is running great once again....thanks for all the the comments and helpful advice

m1ke
02-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Well I'll be god damned.

pit/wood
02-11-2006, 07:18 AM
ya just never know.