PDA

View Full Version : gas hog

tmoney
02-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Tell me about what kind of gas mileage you guys get out of your R's. Mine is horrible, I can only get about an hour and a half of ridding out of four gallons of gas.

hondardr4life
02-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Mine gets horribe gas milage also. Once you have a built motor, and you ride hard, just forget the thought of good milage.

Eddiesanders250
02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
burns gas and hauls @$$

440ex dragger
02-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I am beginning to think that mine has a leak in the gas tank.;)

250r4life
02-09-2006, 10:05 PM
i dunno man. until 2005 my engine was 100% untouched and original, with a rad valve, pt pipe, and K&N, with a stock carb, and it went through a fair amount of gas... i have since added a 265 pv that i had some more porting and polishing done since i got it from duncan, and put a pwk 36mm carb on. everything else remained the same. and somehow i get a lot better gas mileage out of it. i ride the piss out of it at the dunes and i always drag the hill a bunch, and i'm always amazed at how good it does on gas. i have a 6 pack rack that i carry around a gallon gas can on, for when i get low, and i used to have to use it when i was stock... now, i dont ever have to use it... i always end up taking gas home from the dunes cuz i overestimate how much i will use... i dunno man, maybe ive got it tuned just right, or since it is more powerful and has the pv it doesnt have to work as hard so its better on gas, but i dont know about that cuz i still take it to its limits just like i did when it was stock, only its limits are higher/faster now...:devil:

bananas
02-10-2006, 05:12 AM
If you going to ride a 250r and go out with people riding 4 strokes, you need to bring an extra gallon or hide gas some where along your ride...

Mean250r
02-11-2006, 07:18 AM
yeh believe it or not when i got my R i would go around the track maybe 3 or 4 times and ran out, the motor was basically stock as well, now i have wiseco piston, ported and polished head, all hinsion componets, 38 mm keihn carb, some other stuff and i got GREAT gas mileage, idk why but it seems to me when you update the motors the dont take as much gas? idk but mine got great mileage after the build