View Full Version : Jrd vs Walsh

WhiteYFZ
02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Ok, look.

I am deciding between walsh, and jrd a arms. I know walsh are the best right now. And i also know that Jrd make good a arms. I order alot of my stuff through Joe at JRD. He is a really nice guy.IMO
Im only 13, so im not racing yet. I think im gonna go walsh, but im not 100% sure. I also have the Jrd Graphic kit, and JRD bumper. Does any1 think it will look dumb if i have Jrd graphics, with walsh a arms? just cuz its a different brand? <--- thats a retarted ?, i know. i think it will look fine IMO.
Dont Reply, and say "Jrd = Jr. Roll dsgn a arms, cuz i really dont give a F*uck. I've seen them at the local track, and they look really beefy. Thanks

motochamp250
02-09-2006, 04:51 PM
i have walsh right now and like them...but jrd makes a great quality arm for the price

02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
i think u should get jrd since u bought your otha things from them. Plus I think it would be better to put your money towards somthing else. O and neway JRD= Jr. Roll design a-arms lol

WhiteYFZ
02-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by trinityraptor
i think u should get jrd since u bought your otha things from them. Plus I think it would be better to put your money towards somthing else. O and neway JRD= Jr. Roll design a-arms lol
nub
lol
j/k i know him ^^

rollie
02-09-2006, 07:52 PM
if your 13 theres no reason for you to get Long travel Walsh a-arms, get standard travel JRD's and save your money, unless you plan on racing your quad for a LONG time but IMO long travel isnt needed unless you race B or A class

Ex_Rider43
02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
How can you get walsh stuff anyway at 13 :huh

if you get all your stuff from JRD well go with them ... people will say hey look at those Roll design copies but if they would only know how many A-arms are Jigged-up roll's with a different curve...

TBD
02-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by tjespo22
Ok, look.

I am deciding between walsh, and jrd a arms. I know walsh are the best right now. And i also know that Jrd make good a arms. I order alot of my stuff through Joe at JRD. He is a really nice guy.IMO
Im only 13, so im not racing yet. I think im gonna go walsh, but im not 100% sure. I also have the Jrd Graphic kit, and JRD bumper. Does any1 think it will look dumb if i have Jrd graphics, with walsh a arms? just cuz its a different brand? <--- thats a retarted ?, i know. i think it will look fine IMO.
Dont Reply, and say "Jrd = Jr. Roll dsgn a arms, cuz i really dont give a F*uck. I've seen them at the local track, and they look really beefy. Thanks
At such a young age and you already have your engineering degree.
"Walsh is the best right now". What do you base that on? Try using IMO more. I'm sure you're basing that on the fact that the pro's run them. Or maybe it's because they are one of the more expensive arms out there so that must make them the best.

doc-bones
02-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Walsh is one one the best for sure!

Chino886
02-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by doc-bones

WHY?

TBD
02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by doc-bones
I also want to ask WHY? I can't wait to read "look at all the pros running them".

bradley300
02-10-2006, 10:12 AM
lol, thats a great point TBD! i have seen alot of people recomend walsh a-arms (even people that dont have them,lmao) and when asked why the recomend them, the most solid answer i have ever gotten is "because they are the best". they dont look any better than Laeger, Roll Design or Lonestar to me, so how bout some FACTS on why "they are the best"

Chino886
02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
lol, thats a great point TBD! i have seen alot of people recomend walsh a-arms (even people that dont have them,lmao) and when asked why the recomend them, the most solid answer i have ever gotten is "because they are the best". they dont look any better than Laeger, Roll Design or Lonestar to me, so how bout some FACTS on why "they are the best"

Hey TBD and Bradley300,

I don't think there are going to be any takers on this topic.......but I will be interested if someone does......

If Natalie, Farr, Byrd were all running broomsticks for a-arms, I am sure that someone would come on here saying that broomsticks are the best because the pros are running them! :rolleyes:

TBD
02-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Hey TBD and Bradley300,

I don't think there are going to be any takers on this topic.......but I will be interested if someone does......

If Natalie, Farr, Byrd were all running broomsticks for a-arms, I am sure that someone would come on here saying that broomsticks are the best because the pros are running them! :rolleyes:
I think you are right about them replying to the post now. As soon as you ask for specifics they have nothing more to say.

doc-bones
02-10-2006, 11:35 AM
I have ridden all different types as well as owned quite a few! For 1 thing lets start with the narrow front end---0 bump steer, yes, i know laeger made a similiar set-up with t-pins. I know cause i owned both that the walsh hands down rides better period. CR-500 link swinger also the best handling period. I was once told by a well known racer ride Walsh and you will ride nothing else. Well after owning 3 now you can bet that statement was a fact! The strength and welds etc. second to none! Unless you have spent over 100,000 on these machines trying the best. Forget understanding! Not saying others are junk either. There are many competent builders out there.

doc-bones
02-10-2006, 11:35 AM
pic

hontrx265r
02-10-2006, 11:39 AM
not trying to jack this post. But doc, since you have ridden these, aftermarket framed bikes and you feel that way, what about, just a frontend? Say a t-pin vs. a walsh or jrd. On a stock framed bike, or stock width. Like a 450r or yfz? Just curious, I've had a narrow frame laeger bike, cr500 rear it was really nice, Just curious.

doc-bones
02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
T-pin worked well, however I feel the 400ex spindles feel or work better.

Chino886
02-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey Doc,

I never said that Walsh's setups are not nice or anything like that, neither did TBD or Bradley......but Being the Best out there and your OPINION that they are the greatest is two seperate things.....and like TBD said, if you preface that statement with IMO......no one would argue with you..

Chino886

hontrx265r
02-10-2006, 11:47 AM
One thing I do like about the setup your running there, is the raised upper shock mounts, so that you can have longtravel but keep a flattie arm. The bent arms, or laeger style or whatever you want to call it, lower the ground clearence and I think that was one of the smartest things walsh ever did! I just like the t-pin because the spindals are solid, and it turns so effortlessly, but I don't really thing its any better then any other of the top companies and it costs alot more!

doc-bones
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Thats cool everybody has their own opinions and preferences.:D

hontrx265r
02-10-2006, 11:56 AM
I was just seeing what you thought about it, thanks for the input

TBD
02-10-2006, 01:18 PM
As Chino886 said, I wasn't saying that Walsh made bad stuff. They are very nice looking components. I do not agree with using hiems on the lowers as well as at the spindles. Biengs that you have an aftermarket chassis isn't fair to this thread biengs that we are talking about bolting a frontend on a stock chassis. As for zero bumpsteer with that setup, I highly doubt that you have zero bumpsteer. I will agree you have very little but not zero. When your suspension cycles straight up and down it might be close to zero but as soon as you turn the bars you will create bumpsteer.

Qoute: The best you have ridden is the best you know.

I do appreciate that you went into more detail about why you feel that Walsh is the best.

JDiablo
02-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Bro you really don't need Walsh arms,I just traded my set for a set of brand new Bugard +3's with the new balljoints and Derisi rebuilt stock shocks.