View Full Version : how would iknow when i clutch is goin out and performanc ?

416 racer
02-09-2006, 03:33 PM
i think my clutch is going out wat r the signs and i have a white brothers slip on right now i wil be getting a fulll yoshi exhuast should that make more power on my 416 with fully race port and polish high comp piston and hot cam stage 2 and will a sparck heavy duty clutch kit make more perfomance and im going to get a fcr 39 mm carb will this make even more power on my 416 pleas reply need inf o fast

underpowered
02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
let me see if i was able to accurately decifer this post?
you want to know the signs of your clutch going out? and if a full system will be better than a slip on with your mods?

ok, if you clutch is going out, nuetral becomes hard to find, and in higher gears or under heavy loads the engine will rev without the bike picking up speed or spinning the tires. it is most noticable in higher gears like 4th and 5th while accelerating.

and a full system will always be better than a slip on. exspecially with your ported head, the stock head pipe is restricting the flow, a better header will make a difference.

416 racer
02-09-2006, 04:44 PM
thank u

416 racer
02-10-2006, 05:07 PM
got a qastion on that i just go t thes motor mods done the second week of january adn now when im wanting to goat high speed it revs put doesnt take speeeed reall quicklt like it should and wat do u mean by under havy load

416 racer
02-10-2006, 05:09 PM
and it is a stock clutch

416 racer
02-10-2006, 05:11 PM
the hot cam stage to directions says in the break in part of the directions keep cam above 300 rpm and dont use under havy loads

underpowered
02-10-2006, 05:14 PM
by heavy loads i mean like going up steep hill, being in 4 & 5th gear is almost always a heavy load while accelerating. anytim when the motor is under a strain to pull itself. by not taking speed but the motor still revs is a sign of the clutch. it is probably time for a new one. some people swear by the stocker, but i like the dirt digger clutch kit from barnett.

416 racer
02-19-2006, 03:16 PM
well when i get the new clutch put bacin will i get my performance back and wheni gas it in every gear it still revs but doesnt take spedd does that mean my clutch is getting worse