PDA

View Full Version : sealing bead on tire

free_rider20
07-14-2002, 02:14 PM
I need help on how to seal the bead on a tire. I have all of the tires done except for one and only one side of it will seal. It has set for 4 days with 30 psi in the tire and the max it is supposed to have is 25. I have even tried soap and other lubricants and cant get it to seal. How can i get it sealed? Also, it is a titan 489 tire on my stock rancher rims.

dariusld
07-14-2002, 03:33 PM
I don't know if this will do it, or if you tried this before, but that trick where you put a belt down the middle of the tire. Before you put air in the tire, put a belt or a tie down around the middle of the tire then pump it up. I've also just put the tire on the bike with the bead almost in place and road it around until the bead popped into place. That was on the street not in dirt. I've also pumped it up alot then hit it with a sledge. I hate tires with beads. Just be careful with all my stupid suggestions.

400exRacerX
07-14-2002, 03:44 PM
I just put the air compressor up to it until it seats.

free_rider20
07-14-2002, 03:54 PM
I got the bead sealed finally, i let all of the air out of it then pushed the tire back and coated it thickly with liquid dish soap and it slid right on when i started puttin air in it.