PDA

View Full Version : LT-r450 Dyno runs with comparisons

kgbg
02-09-2006, 02:00 PM
2006 Suzuki LT450R
We put Buddha’s 450 on our DynoJet a few hours ago. I took some pictures of one at the dealer and for now they are going to have to do. I dropped my camera 5 min. before they got here, and it’s done. Prefect timing.
Anyway, it feels like an YFZ if you ask me, sitting on it, and feeling the controls, but has a much nicer seat. I really like most everything about it, the only thing that bugs me is the cluster of electrics, pumps, relays, ect all over the frame.
Buddha had 30 mins or so run time on it when he brought it over. We ran it with it 100% bone stock components first. It’s geared really tall, 14/36 and it showed, it took a bit to get up to the limiter, which is right at 9500 ish. We did a run in 4th and it got there quicker, reading the same. These are obviously the lower runs, the blue (lighter)
Then we removed the sparky. The sparky restricts the exhaust to the size of a dime. It now sounded like an engine. With the sparky in, the noise you hear is the tires on the rollers, but now you hear the engine. Sounds healthy. Then we removed the lid. It woke up a bit more. These runs are red.
Next we installed the Yoshimura “Cherry Bomb”. This is from their website “This unit is also known as the “Cherry Bomb” by Yoshimura. The Cherry Bomb is a simple plug in module that literally takes about two minutes to install. Along with recommended air box and exhaust modifications, the CRBM optimizes engine management parameters, maximizing engine performance. The net result in power equals out to be around seven H.P. with an open exhaust; airbox cover removed, and race gas. With a Yoshimura pipe there is an even greater performance gain. For closed course competition use only. It added a bit more power, I am researching what changes it actually did , good ol’ brand new stuff! These runs are green.. We put the lid on to see what it did with no sparky, and the cherry bomb, with the lid, these runs are blue (dark)
It stacks up pretty close to a piped non cam mod, lid off K&N YFZ, a bit behind, but more down low, and less up top. I also put up a run that we did with stock bore 450R Hammer Hed 12.25 , Hot Cam stage 2, for comparisons. Red is Honda, Blue is YFZ, and Green is LTR. All very similar, and that’s what I expected.
Very nice machine and I am jealous of Buddha and anyone else who has one! We will get inside one ASAP, and see if our pistons for the dirt bike fit!
Thanks again Carl, Henry, Mike and my KBR buddies for coming over, good to see you all.

First is the LTR runs
Second is comparison to a stock YFZ with a pipe, intke (no cam mod) and a 12.25 hh HCS@ 450RR.
Third is in comparison to a 700R.
Last is comparison to El Stinko, my 470 YFZ with Hot Cams, and the Venom works.

These were all done on the same dyno, same tires, and same correction.
KBR Dynostnadard

kgbg
02-09-2006, 02:02 PM
here is comparison one

kgbg
02-09-2006, 02:02 PM

kgbg
02-09-2006, 02:03 PM

kgbg
02-09-2006, 02:04 PM
#4 Good ol El Stinko!

kgbg
02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Few things of note....
The Cherry Bomb ups the limit by about 500, it goes to about 10000 with it,and about 9500 without it, it also adds fuel to the mixture. I assume it avdances timing as well. Does not idle as smooth with all settings the same with Cherry Bomb.
The removal of the sparky was good for 6+hp all by its self.
Its 47+ inches wide in front and 49 in back.
Seat is very comfortable.
Good bottom to mid.

atvnewb
02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
that is one smooth hp and torque line

zeppelin
02-09-2006, 02:26 PM
i am glad some one got one of these things on a real dyno. i was tired of everyone saying it would have 60hp stock and all that other bs. i thought it would end up right where it did, right withe the honda and yamaha. the one thing i dont get is that now that we know the r450 doesnt have its claimed stock hp, what is going to make people want to spend $2000 more on it than a honda or yamy

atvnewb
02-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
i am glad some one got one of these things on a real dyno. i was tired of everyone saying it would have 60hp stock and all that other bs. i thought it would end up right where it did, right withe the honda and yamaha. the one thing i dont get is that now that we know the r450 doesnt have its claimed stock hp, what is going to make people want to spend $2000 more on it than a honda or yamy

dude that is stock read the mods done to the quads he has it dynoed against

It stacks up pretty close to a piped non cam mod, lid off K&N YFZ, a bit behind, but more down low, and less up top. I also put up a run that we did with stock bore 450R Hammer Hed 12.25 , Hot Cam stage 2, for comparisons. Red is Honda, Blue is YFZ, and Green is LTR. All very similar, and that’s what I expected.

ill_lil_romey
02-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Those are very good numbers considering the other bikes had High Compression and aftermarket pipes. Whats even more impressive to me are the torque numbers posted in graph #2. That number is more important to me than max HP. This is good.

k&k_400ex_82
02-09-2006, 04:21 PM
people will want to buy it because of all the possibilities with the efi. if you can map it like you can do with the c-dales that would be awsome.

dshfearh
02-09-2006, 05:18 PM
plus you dont have to worry about suspension mods right away.

450Racer
02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
that's definitly impressive. i think a tuned pipe, cams, and a 13:1 piston, and some different maps will really make this thing stand out. yeah i thought it was funny when everyoen was guessing it would make all that power stock. i said just wait till this chart came out now you don't see those idiots posting (yet, about to protest probably). let me ask you all a question. i'm not 100% clear on this but...the Honda 450r...did that have a piston and a hotcam stage II? if so, that is similar to my set up. it would be amazing if a stock motor with those few mods could be as powerful as my built one. just imagine what happens when you put a 13:1 in and some cams. then again, i'm sure these parts aren't mild, they're probably close to what the aftermarket will be.

Raptor700Ryder
02-11-2006, 05:34 AM
What all was done to the Raptor 700 in dyno graph #3? Also what did you have that weird looking dyno graph that cut of at below 8,000 rpms? Thanks Jamie Mace

Sandgod4
02-11-2006, 08:56 PM
The Raptor had a full pipe, Doebeck controller, and K&N filter..

Raptor700Ryder
02-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Did you ever race the LT-R and the Raptor? If so what was the outcome? Or which one do you think is faster in a drag? I know the LT-R is better on the track because of suspension.. Thanks Jamie Mace

Jonas
02-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by kgbg
Few things of note....
The Cherry Bomb ups the limit by about 500, it goes to about 10000 with it,and about 9500 without it, it also adds fuel to the mixture. I assume it avdances timing as well. Does not idle as smooth with all settings the same with Cherry Bomb.
The removal of the sparky was good for 6+hp all by its self.
Its 47+ inches wide in front and 49 in back.
Seat is very comfortable.
Good bottom to mid.

I didn't get alot of sleep last night so forgive my stupidity but it looks to me like the cherry bomb ups the rev limiter up almost 1000 rpm's???

Also, another stupid question being that I am on a roll. You said totally stock, I am assuming that you used dyno tires?

I didn't see it but these are 04-05 Honda and Yamaha's right??

cannondale27
02-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Jonas
I didn't get alot of sleep last night so forgive my stupidity but it looks to me like the cherry bomb ups the rev limiter up almost 1000 rpm's???

Also, another stupid question being that I am on a roll. You said totally stock, I am assuming that you used dyno tires?

These are good questions.We are seeing 47hp out of both the 06 Honda450r and the 06 YFZ with just HRC kit and for YFZ Pipe,Cam mod and open airbox.The 05 Hondas and Yamahas all got right about 42 0r 43 with same mods.So if these charts show comparo to 05's I am going to say the Suzuki is going to at least need a pipe maybe more.If the charts were o6's then it is just a dyno difference.

Sandgod4
02-12-2006, 11:20 AM

KGB puts Hoosier tires on all machines that go on his dyno.. Apples to apples 100% of the time.

Jonas
02-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Cool, that's what I was assuming. Any comment on the other questions?

Sandgod4
02-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I believe the YFZ is an 06. I am not sure.. I don't think he has dyno'd an 06 Honda.. The CB adds 500rpms..

Jonas
02-13-2006, 09:28 AM
The dyno graph looks like it goes from about 9500 to 10400 or so????What am I missing?

eerhard09
02-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I am also interested in the comparison between the Raptor and the LTR450. I am looking to get a new quad in the spring (do not like winter riding) and I am looking at the EFI sport quads. The only options are the Raptor and the Suzuki but am not sure which to go with. I really do a little bit of all kinds of riding, trails, some track time, lots of open area riding, a little dunes, etc...., so I am really not sure which route to take.... Let us know how the two bikes compared to each other, if they even do....

kgbg
02-14-2006, 12:50 PM
You want reverse? , if so its a no brainer, Raptor, but if you want a more nible quad, its the LT.

eerhard09
02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I understand that but I was looking for a little more indepth comparison rather than "features" from the manufacturer's web site, so it is in-fact, not a "no brainer."

Sandgod4
02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
The Raptor is a trail machine. The LT a race machine.. The Raptor has gobs or lowend plus reverse.. The Raptor is taller and narrower.. The Raptor is no slouch by any means in the power dept.. The Raptors rear suspension is very good. Worlds ahead of the 660.. The fronts are non adjustable so your limited on adjusments.. I don't want to hijack the thread but since both machines were shown and I have ridden both that is my worthless 02.. I'm certainly no expert..... Back to the dyno results........

ramminyfz
02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
The yfz is an 05 with a pro aluminum pipe and a gytr filter with the lid off

bwamos
02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Can't wait to see a dyno with the Yoshimura exhaust and EMS on it. Man that header is huge. It should really open up that top end some. I'd imagine it will be right there with the other 2 at least on the top end. Will probably drop the torque back down to the other 2 too since the velocity will be reduced at lower rpms.

One thing that would be very nice, is you can keep the pea shooter in the stock exhaust, and stick it on and pull of the EMS if you need a super quiet exhaust for the weekend. Talk about reducing tuning time. ;)

hondardr4life
02-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Thats pretty impressive for all the mods it has. Still, don't forget where it all started, and which quad still is a contender.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197121

jeffw3048
02-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by kgbg
Few things of note....
T

That is because the CB access the race map over the stock map from Suzuki.

I attempting to get an ignition module for the 450 out the door. I do currently have my version of the CB out (Z-SPeed) ready to go.

Jonas
03-02-2006, 10:41 PM
This is a great dyno post. It would still be nice to see all the '06 450's on the same dyno though. Both the '06 Honda and Yamaha have considerably more power.

bwamos
03-03-2006, 11:58 AM
This is a great dyno post. It would still be nice to see all the '06 450's on the same dyno though. Both the '06 Honda and Yamaha have considerably more power.

Aye.. I'd love to see an 06 YFZ, TRX, & LT-R pitted up against each other on a dyno w/ dyno tires (and the gearing adjusted on the LT-R for 18=>20 tires) running the standard, slip-on pipe (like the HMF Sport)/filter/no-lid combo. A true apples to apples uncorked setup with everyone on equal ground.

I'd bet they are all very very equal, but each one will shine in their own unique area.

135boom
03-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Aye.. I'd love to see an 06 YFZ, TRX, & LT-R pitted up against each other on a dyno w/ dyno tires (and the gearing adjusted on the LT-R for 18=>20 tires) running the standard, slip-on pipe (like the HMF Sport)/filter/no-lid combo. A true apples to apples uncorked setup with everyone on equal ground.

I'd bet they are all very very equal, but each one will shine in their own unique area.

I agree! I want to see that comparison!

quadzilla R450
04-08-2006, 10:26 AM
was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the sparky in my exhaust on the new ltr-450. Any help would be appreciated.

GoldenGloves
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM

I completely agree

Sandgod4
07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Well I'll say this.. We dyno'd our Athena and Buddahs Yoshi 450 on the same dyno as the LTR... Hp was nearly identical on all three machines 40-41hp.. The Yoshi and Athena had 30lbs torque and the LTR 28.. The Yoshi and Athena wax the LTR in the real world. At least in the dunes.. Gearing is killing the LTR w/ paddles.. I'm sure it will help if it was geared properly, but we still don't see the LTR beating the modded Z's until extensive porting is done and then there is still no guarantee.. Porting (DAB Racing)and cams are coming on Buddahs LTR when the cams are available..