PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating

cosborne
02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
I was wondering if you guys powder coated parts of your quads yourself or did you send it somewhere? if you sent it, does anyone know any good places in or around Indiana. Thanks for the help.

underpowered
02-09-2006, 11:38 AM
a few do it themselves, but most send it out. alot of people on here send it to Pappy, check out the BKperformance section if interested in going with him. he is in west virginia. i dont know of any in Ind., but i know of a few in KY, and OH.

cosborne
02-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks.

vpofthedrc
02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Underpowered, where you ride at? I'm in Florence. Probably gonna go up to Haspen this weekend.

underpowered
02-09-2006, 12:16 PM
ive been to haspin a few times, ride alot at earlywines, went to big rock two weeks ago, ride at bucks Runs, and on a lot of private property. alot of my buddies are going to haspin next weekend, i would go but it is the weekend of the dealershow.

vpofthedrc
02-09-2006, 02:01 PM
How soggy was Big Rock when you were down there?

underpowered
02-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by vpofthedrc
How soggy was Big Rock when you were down there?

muddy on the bottom, very dry and dusty on top. Very rocky. that was the first time i was there in like 3 years. every body that went with me broke something while we were there.

vpofthedrc
02-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah it is very rocky, especially if you ride the little creek bed all the way to the bottom and back up.

cosborne
02-09-2006, 02:33 PM
vpofthedrc, you ride a lot at Haspin Acres? I ride there all the time. I only live about 25 minutes from there. Underpowered, how well do you like riding at Big Rock? I thought about getting some buddies to take a trip there this summer, but am still debating. Would it be worth a 6 hr drive?

vpofthedrc
02-09-2006, 02:48 PM
We will be at Haspin this Sunday. I kinda like Big Rock. Its different. Can do alot of different types of riding.

underpowered
02-09-2006, 03:33 PM
big rock is nothin special. i would not drive 6 hours to ride there, but if you live about 25miles away from haspin it whould only be like a 3hr drive. i tis 1 hour to haspin and about 1 hour to big rock from where i live. Big rock is very rocky, hard on parts too. great trails, some small jumps, mainly natural. if you see somewhere you want to go, you can make your own trails. they have a hill called the widow maker. to hear some people talk it is the worst hill ever, but it is actually very easy. not as bad as devils backbone at haspin. i would say it is worth it once.

cosborne
02-10-2006, 06:51 PM
This Sunday? 2-11-05? It is only supposed to be around 38 degrees. Thats a little cold. Big Rock doesn't sound to bad. From what I hear from people around here, it is a nice place to ride but I am not sure.