PDA

View Full Version : Adelanto GP!!!

400grl
02-09-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm finally going to race the Adelanto GP!!! I've never gone, but I always hear about it and see the articles......sounds like fun!! Anyone else going to go this year!!? Or raced it before? How is it??

adrenalinefreak
02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey,

I'll be racing it....I'm already signed up! WHat class are you going to race?

Right now I am in the Womens B/C class. This will end up being my first race. I won't be making it to taft for rd 2 workds.

I might try and switch to the quad class where all levels race thats at 1:15pm on Sunday the 26th. Right now I'm scheduled to race at 10:10am on Sunday...my buddies are telling me I need to race with them in the quad race...looks like I might go for that...

They say if I win or place in the womens class it doesn't count...plus the womens b/c class races with the smaller bikes and younger riders...hmmm...

hopefully I'll be able to switch!

WHen are you going down? I might get there friday night...maybe I'll meet ya down there!

400grl
02-10-2006, 06:51 AM
I didn't know you could race anything BUT the quad class? Do you ride bikes too then? Just wondering......I haven't pre-registered, but I will most likely run Amateur or Expert (I race A classes, so not sure which one of those is the A class!)...and probably in the quad class, unless quads can race with the bikes.......then I don't know!

adrenalinefreak
02-10-2006, 08:13 AM
It's kind of weird after looking at worcs, but here is what I think.

(This will be my first Adelanto)

On Sunday at 1:15pm ish there is the quad race (only quads) and it is everyone (exp/am/nov/beg) at the same time if I'm not mistaken.

You can also enter another class...they have a bunch of different classes....if you go to desert viper motorsports website they have a list of the schedule as well as the different classes...I'm assuming they run both atvs and quads at the same time..in certain races....

400grl
02-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Well, WORCS is different. WORCS this season (like last year) is ONLY quads (on our weekend).....so every class listed on their schedule, is for quads. The bikes run their own weekends.........The Adelanto GP is a bike race, with a special time for the quads to run along with the sidecars, and yes, all of the quad classes race the same race, but they are started at different times....... Very rarely does anyone race quads and bikes together.......so I'm thinking that the class you signed up for is actually a bike class. The sucky thing is.....there really isn't anyone to call to ask.....I can't find alot of info on it.....so just be ready for that if that's the case. You might have to change your signup when you get there......probably won't be a problem, though.

adrenalinefreak
02-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I called and left a message to see if I could switch races...hopefully it's not a problem! If I can't, I will just race the Womens Class and do my best...and love every minute of it!

I cannot wait!

Going riding tomorrow out at Logandale!! Yippee

adrenalinefreak
02-13-2006, 08:50 PM
It's official...I am in the quad race on Sunday at 1:10 or 1:15pm. I'll be in the Beginner class of that race.

Very excited!!

I cannot wait!!!!!!! Less than two weeks.

See ya out there...

aci clay
02-18-2006, 03:17 PM
all quads can only race in the quad race. the womens race is strictly 2 wheels. beginner class quads is full but other classes are open. all quads race together, starting with pro then about 1or 2 minutes later its expert then inters and so on all about 1 minute apart. its a real fun race, lots of spectators and probably the biggest bike race on the west coast. i'll be running beginner scince its the only race i do the rest of the time i'm playing mechanic for my boys on thier 2 wheelers and this is one of the only races we can all race on the sameweekend. plus there are no gate fees and free to camp if u can find a spot.

adrenalinefreak
02-19-2006, 07:10 PM
They did change it this year...the womens class on Sunday is for ATVs with the sidecars and 110s or whatever, I was initially in that class, but I switched to the quad race (beg). I cannot wait!

My friends are getting there Thursday night. We're coming up Friday night or Sunday morning...probably friday night but not sure.

400grl
02-20-2006, 08:21 AM
WHOA! There is a women's class on Sunday??

ACEwrench
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Corry we should try to get Erik (Rated X) to come up to Adelanto, hes never in his shop so it not he'll miss anything.

ACEwrench
02-22-2006, 10:47 AM
my typing sux LOL

" its not like he'll miss anything"

adrenalinefreak
02-22-2006, 11:42 AM
We're only a few days away. i checked their pre-registeration and they still have me in the womens nov race so not sure what is going on...could be they had the pre-entry list up before I changed but not sure. Might be racing in the womens class...if so my number is 85. They should be calling me back today and I'll know for sure!

I'll be on a 400ex....blonde hair, 5'9. LOL....probably be a bunch with that description but wouldn't mind meeting some other racers...its a 400ex (yellow) with ishocks

400grl
02-22-2006, 11:45 AM
You won't be racing a quad with the women's class - I called and talked to them yesterday and they said there are NO quads racing with ANY bikes......they had that pre-registration information up already, I'm sure - they probably changed your paperwork though, so I wouldn't worry! :)

adrenalinefreak
02-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Well there we go! yeah...I tried to call and talk to them yesterday but I had to leave a message, hoping they will get back to me today at work.

I'm excited, I got my suspension on and I'm pretty sure it's rady to roll.

I wont have a chance to ride until Saturday and then my race on Sunday!!

Good luck to everyone who is racing...

adrenalinefreak
02-26-2006, 11:00 PM
I did the race and I finished! I ended up racing in the amateur class...so I'll be interested to see how I did...

I was flying through the whoops section when my thumb would allow it!! NO lie....only thing really holding me back was my thumb got pretty fatigued....I would lose a little ground on the straight aways due to being on a 400ex, but I usually gained some of it back on the whoops section...that is where I did all my passing!

I had a blast...I was beat, but it was a blast...little disappointed in my thumb!!! I was getting bucked pretty good throughout the race but it didn't stop me....

How did you do Corry? What about everyone else? I was number 090 by the way..on a 400ex (yellow) if anyone got any pictures...I plan on posting the pictures we took!

aci clay
02-27-2006, 08:43 AM
i had a great time also. spent the whole weekend with my kids racing sat and sun. one raced 4 stroke nov and 250 nov, pretty sure top 10 in each and the other raced 250 beginner i think he did about the same. me i don't know, i started second to the last row beginner so i probably was about 50th to first turn i past alot of quads, i wish we would of got another lap though. i'm anxious to see the results also. i've never seen so many people at one race before, the dust in the pits was way worse than on the track, my motorhome will never be the same.

adrenalinefreak
02-27-2006, 09:17 AM
I started 4th from the left in row 11 which was the second row in the Amatuer...not too bad of a position. However, my quad did not start right away...that damn red but (kill switch or cutoff) had moved just a hair which when I went to start it did happen...but I got off pretty good and made it through the corner pretty nice!

I have no idea how I did, it was too hard to tell. I passed quite a few people, but then I was passed on the straights by a couple...

who knows...there were a lot of quads...I too wish we had one more lap...I was surprised when they said it was over...I thought I had one more lap.

Congrats to your kids, very nice!

adrenalinefreak
03-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Here is me just as I was heading for the starting line on Sunday, Feb 26th, 2006...

adrenalinefreak
03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Making sure the helmet was on perfectly!

adrenalinefreak
03-02-2006, 09:08 PM
The starting line. Not a great picture but it will have to do...

You can see me to the far right.

adrenalinefreak
03-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Hitting some of the baby whoops on the course...They got much bigger!!

DezSled
03-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Do you remember someone honking at you before they passed? w/ a neon green helmet? congrats on a great race! pics at mxphotos.com

adrenalinefreak
03-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Don't remember anyone honking...there were lots of parts where I was really concentrating on my thumb...it is the thing that held me back in the race...I didn't slow down for the whoops and was loving it but my thumb was not ready! Had trouble pushing the throttle in throughout the middle to the end of the race!

I couldn't find a picture of me at mxphoto.com

I hit pretty hard both times I was in front of the stands in the infield...I was hoping somebody might have snapped some pictures of it and then some how I would get them...any luck?

My number was 090.

DezSled
03-02-2006, 10:35 PM
check #quads-dsc_ 2811 there ya go!

aci clay
03-03-2006, 05:33 AM
thats why u should try a twist throttle, i went to one no more thumb cramps.

400grl
03-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Longer races will tend to make your thumb cramp up - you can try positioning your thumb throttle a little lower on the bars - this helps me a bit.

I also just made a killer little "thumb exerciser" for my throttle thumb - I've been using it like crazy before my Havasu race - we will see how well it gets my thumb in shape......it's VERY hard to pinpoint those exact muscles unless you are actually riding (so that's why I made my thumb thingee).....and we can't all ride 4 times a week! LOL!! :)

adrenalinefreak
03-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah...no kidding...I am going to start using one of those hand pump things for my thumb...

I am racing Havasu!! I'm lucky if I get to ride every other weekend..sometimes every weekend...

Havasu is almost here!