PDA

View Full Version : Jd

Johnny B
02-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Has any of yall ever bought that jet kit out of rockymountin caled James dean. i was just wondering because i did and it dident even have the right main jet for my quad. the only thing i used out of the kit was the needle. the jets they had were too small and it really ticked me off that i paid 45 dollars for a needle.

cals400ex
02-09-2006, 10:32 PM
were they too small as in they didn't fit your carb or too small number wise? what size mainjets came in the kit?

Johnny B
02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
they were too small number wise, they came with numbers from 130 up to a 180

wppracing
02-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Were they round jets? and did it have an adapter for them?

Sounds like it could be dynojet jets:confused:

cals400ex
02-10-2006, 06:47 PM
JD uses keihin jets. i have bought a carb from him before. he seems like a stand up guy. i would call him up and tell him you want to trade jets.....or email him. i would be willing to bet he would swap the jets that are brand new for what you are looking for. he could probably help with jetting too. he seemed to know a lot when i talked to him. i know his speciality was the CRF450R's so he should know somewhat about the TRX, even though it is a different carb.

trx400exxracer
02-11-2006, 11:28 AM
OK, in order to get a proper or helpful response, you need to be a little more specific.

1. What year model bike are you talking about? (didn't see in the post or in your profile)

2. Do you have the stock carb?

3. What characteristics did the current jetting exhibit? Was it running too lean, was it bogging, hesitation.

4. Have you made any mods to the bike. Stock exhaust, stock air filter, air filter cover mods? Has the jetting been changed?

5. What jets were you expecting?

What is your riding elevation? Average temperature?

James Dean is one of the premier jetting experts, and we just installed a JD jet kit in an '06 er and had no problems. The staff at JD Jetting was very helpful, answering all of our questions before we bought the kit. We had more than enough main jets in the kits to cover almost any jetting changes that we would need. As stated earlier, JD used Keihin jets with the standard jet numbers. This is a plus for comparison reasons.

Maybe you could be a little more specific with your question. Give us a little more to work with.

Johnny B
02-13-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys, ill give james dean a call, by the way my quad is an 04 with a sparks pipe and filter, hotcam, and no lid. i have a 192 main jet in it right now and it seems to be running quite well but i havent had that much time on it sience the rejet. Stock carb as well