PDA

View Full Version : LT-R 4 fiddy

KWAD GAWD
02-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Who's going to buy a Suzuki LT-R450? Anybody plan on using one for in the woods? Specs say they measure 49" wide, but they actually measure only about 48". Ballance's YFZ is around 47", so another inch isn't so bad. Suzuki is making a full line of accessories for them, not sure about a rear skid yet. Defintely need new 20/22" tires, better bars and grips, rear skid, belly skid, and a larger rear sprocket, and the "Cherry Bomb" unit from Yosh, maybe some Pro Pegs nerfs. Blingstar makes them already... and also has a subframe in the works. I can't wait, won't be able to race it in the "Stock" GNCC class though, but it will make a killer woods racer or even trail bike once everything is available.
Trust me, I rode one last week for about an hour. They are sweet. very stable, smooth, and solid. I can't wait to get one set up for the woods.

Racing Rice
02-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I may get one later and keep the Raptor for trail riding and letting my wife ride. I need to pay off a few bills first though. I'll let them work out any bugs so it will be nice and ready for me.:D

LuckyOxygen
02-09-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm getting a white one Saturday. Most dealerships here in Arkansas got them yesterday, but i just got a cyst cut out of my back, so im waiting till saturday to get mine, but i already got a deposit on it. 7800 OTD

MR.BIG
02-09-2006, 10:20 AM
$7800 otd???????? I didn't know they were that much I would get another honda!

LuckyOxygen
02-09-2006, 11:40 AM
7300 plus sales tax....

02-09-2006, 11:46 AM
no way in hell would I pay that much for one of those...id get me a kickstart honda AGAIN

LuckyOxygen
02-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
no way in hell would I pay that much for one of those...id get me a kickstart honda AGAIN

Kool man, glad you would!

JRP
02-09-2006, 01:15 PM

haha right on mike.. i would too.

hondardr4life
02-09-2006, 04:17 PM
If I were to buy a brand new quad, I would have a kickstart 06 450r. But... I doubt I'll ever buy new, so I don't have to worry about it. Too much money for all the more you get.

400exrules
02-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
If I were to buy a brand new quad, I would have a kickstart 06 450r. But...

me too, or an 06 yfz

KWAD GAWD
02-09-2006, 04:38 PM
If anyone even read my thread, you'd see that this isn't a battle of the brands. "I get me this, I get me that" Umm... NO, that's not what I asked. Please read before you post, it helps your posts make sense.

02-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
If anyone even read my thread, you'd see that this isn't a battle of the brands. "I get me this, I get me that" Umm... NO, that's not what I asked. Please read before you post, it helps your posts make sense. i think yo ucan tell in my post that i will never get one :rolleyes:

02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
i believe the new 450r's have more horses than the new suzuki 450

02-09-2006, 05:32 PM
The biggest problem for the woods will be the swingarm skid. I don't think there are full skid plate mounts on the stock swinger cause its set up for MX so you might have to do some light welding or buy a new swinger. Not postive on that though.
If you bought the offset rims & 20" tires, softened up the shocks and managed to get some skidplates on there I'm sure it would make an awesome woods quad. Wish mine would get here already! The motard doesn't do very well in the snow. LOL

wicked265R
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Donny Lysinger says, and I quote, "The suzuki 450 is nothing special, and not that fast." end quote. That says enough for me for a quad that expensive!

xx3003xrdrxx
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
If stock it will beat mine I will respect it , but Ive heard its all talk honestly.

Blue250X
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
you know wat would make my life?? If it went into a shootout and got DESTROYED!! lol, that would be funny for all teh hype it gets. I hope its over rated:blah:

02-09-2006, 06:57 PM
it did in the dirtwheels shootout against a 450r....THE 450r HAD NO REAR BRAKES ???? WTF is up with that!?!?!

redlineranger
02-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
you know wat would make my life?? If it went into a shootout and got DESTROYED!! lol, that would be funny for all teh hype it gets. I hope its over rated:blah:

it is over rated.... they were saying that suzuki was gonna own the first race of the year at glen helen on the so called all mighty ltr450....... but unfortunately for suzuki, honda smoked there ***:devil:

KWAD GAWD
02-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
it is over rated.... they were saying that suzuki was gonna own the first race of the year at glen helen on the so called all mighty ltr450....... but unfortunately for suzuki, honda smoked there ***:devil:

Dude, you have no idea what this thread is about. Insert foot back into mouth and go about your business. Good luck selling your 300ex! Let me guess, you're 15 or 16 right?

troutman561
02-09-2006, 08:33 PM
^^ 14 lol

KWAD GAWD
02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
it did in the dirtwheels shootout against a 450r....THE 450r HAD NO REAR BRAKES ???? WTF is up with that!?!?!
Yea! I bet that's true! What are you talking about? Shootout bikes are BRAND NEW... They all have good brakes, hence "NEW". When did Dirtwheels shootout the LT-R against the 450R? They haven't yet... once you get educated on the world of ATVs - then you may post. Until then, sorry, no posting or replying.
So much BS from people cracks me up.

redlineranger
02-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Dude, you have no idea what this thread is about. Insert foot back into mouth and go about your business. Good luck selling your 300ex! Let me guess, you're 15 or 16 right?

chill bro, maybe im selling my 300ex to get a ltr..... i know what the thread is about, i was quoting the guy about it being over rated..... i think its over rated to a certain exstent(sp?). im not sayin anything bad about them though(i kinda did in my last post, but i take it back) if i had 7,300, hell yea i'd buy it.

02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
what was that? http://x7.putfile.com/2/3922001580.jpg

02-09-2006, 08:49 PM
god i cant wait until you respond to this....you definately owe me an apology kawd gawd

KWAD GAWD
02-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Um... that's not a shootout bro. That's a drag race between two MODIFIED BIKES. A shootout consists of stock bikes that are compared to one another, highlighting each bikes strong points and weaknesses in different areas of testing. Yea, I saw the new Dirtwheels. They did a piece on Gust's bike, not a shootout.

02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
:rolleyes:

TGW_400ex
02-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Um... that's not a shootout bro. That's a drag race between two MODIFIED BIKES. A shootout consists of stock bikes that are compared to one another, highlighting each bikes strong points and weaknesses in different areas of testing. Yea, I saw the new Dirtwheels. They did a piece on Gust's bike, not a shootout.

Your mom is a modifed bike!:eek2:

MOFO
02-10-2006, 04:37 AM
god i cant wait until you respond to this....you definately owe me an apology kawd gawd

LMAO... your wrong. As he stated, a shoot out is STOCK vs STOCK. Thats the only time you get a true comparison of what you really get for the sticker price.

Racing Rice
02-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Does honda brainwash people at the dealer before they let you take your quads home from the dealer? I've owned Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha ATVs and I honestly don't understand the obsession with brand loyalty.:huh

02-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Does honda brainwash people at the dealer before they let you take your quads home from the dealer? I've owned Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha ATVs and I honestly don't understand the obsession with brand loyalty.:huh u think u would since you own a craptor and all :blah:

Racing Rice
02-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Point Proven.

I would buy any of the big three (four if Kawasaki ever makes a new sport quad) in a heartbeat. I have no emotional ties to any Brand, and have actually had one of each brand in my garage at the same time. (motorcycles, dirtbike and ATV.)

They all have positives and negatives, but I'm just an enthusiast I guess.

I love this site, but all of the Bashing Honda owners really hurt this place. It's funny that they can't figure out this this isn't just "EXRiders" anymore.

This site needs a disclaimer.

ATVRiders.com - all brands welcome aslong as you don't mind putting up with all of the bashing Honda owners.:rolleyes:

Mxjunkie
02-10-2006, 11:13 AM
pfft... banshees pwn them things :rolleyes:

02-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Point Proven.

I would buy any of the big three (four if Kawasaki ever makes a new sport quad) in a heartbeat. I have no emotional ties to any Brand, and have actually had one of each brand in my garage at the same time. (motorcycles, dirtbike and ATV.)

I love this site, but all of the Bashing Honda owners really hurt this place. It's funny that they can't figure out this this isn't just "EXRiders" anymore.

ATVRiders.com - all brands welcome aslong as you don't mind putting up with all of the bashing Honda owners.:rolleyes:
wow ur a fuxxing women! go ride a dirtbike

zeppelin
02-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Your mom is a modifed dike!:eek2:
:ermm:

KWAD GAWD
02-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Ahh, the last resort... Mom jokes. How typical.

tamehart
02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I am with Kwad Gawd all the way on this one.

I don't think it was all suzuki doing all the hyping up. I didn't head suzuik talking smack on other brands or riders. They have much respect for their competitors, unlike the disprespect you got around here. Harlen and many others work their tails off to bring you this site filled with real facts. A lot of you may know a lot, but most of it is from literature. Its like being book smart vs. street smart.

Any to answer the original topic:

I would love to see some more reviews and actually ride one for myself. I have heard all the good things about the quad but not really anything bad. If the weight proportions are what they say, I am anxious to see how this thing handles.

I am also excited to see Jones run in florida. I think he is going to be fast this year.

Mean250r
02-11-2006, 09:30 AM
come on now, everyone knows this ltr isnt gunnna be race ready out the door, they said the 450r and the yfz would be race ready out the door. did that happen..... no

Toadz400
02-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Point Proven.

I completely agree with you, and not just because it's completely the opposite of what MixMasterMike thinks:D .

trx400exxracer
02-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Who's going to buy a Suzuki LT-R450? Anybody plan on using one for in the woods? Specs say they measure 49" wide, but they actually measure only about 48". Ballance's YFZ is around 47", so another inch isn't so bad. Suzuki is making a full line of accessories for them, not sure about a rear skid yet. Defintely need new 20/22" tires, better bars and grips, rear skid, belly skid, and a larger rear sprocket, and the "Cherry Bomb" unit from Yosh, maybe some Pro Pegs nerfs. Blingstar makes them already... and also has a subframe in the works. I can't wait, won't be able to race it in the "Stock" GNCC class though, but it will make a killer woods racer or even trail bike once everything is available.
Trust me, I rode one last week for about an hour. They are sweet. very stable, smooth, and solid. I can't wait to get one set up for the woods.

why not in the stock class throw some different offset wheels on there and tires and bars n such and you can have a awsome stock class race quad

02-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I completely agree with you, and not just because it's completely the opposite of what MixMasterMike thinks:D . im ashamed to run the same exact as you :cuss: :cuss:

Toadz400
02-11-2006, 12:14 PM
im ashamed to run the same exact as you :cuss: :cuss:

Remember that one time we agreed with each other on something? I had to check outside my window for the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse!

02-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Remember that one time we agreed with each other on something? I had to check outside my window for the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse! did you see them?

pastfast125
02-11-2006, 12:55 PM
wow ur a fuxxing women! go ride a dirtbike

What is that supposed to mean?

400exrider0004
02-11-2006, 01:10 PM
i think that shootout was pretty retarted. I mean first they compare an 04-05(not sure which one) 450r to a 06 ltr. and then they have a pro rider race against some random guy out there, i mean how the hell do you get a shootout out of that? but i do agree, you need same year, same modifications, and things like that to be a true shootout.

Toadz400
02-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
i think that shootout was pretty retarted. I mean first they compare an 04-05(not sure which one) 450r to a 06 ltr. and then they have a pro rider race against some random guy out there, i mean how the hell do you get a shootout out of that? but i do agree, you need same year, same modifications, and things like that to be a true shootout.

That's why it wasn't a shootout. It was just them talking about Gust's LTR450 and he happened to drag some random guy on a 450R with no brakes:ermm: .

MixMasterMike - Yes I saw them:scary: . Better get your riding in now...:eek2:

Racing Rice
02-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by pastfast125
What is that supposed to mean?

That was his attempt at insulting me. :huh :D

Blue250X
02-11-2006, 02:42 PM
That was his attempt at insulting me. :huh :D

haha, sry, i was bored, had to post sumpin

02-11-2006, 02:55 PM

Better get your riding in now...:eek2: cant..i got no shocks

pastfast125
02-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
haha, sry, i was bored, had to post sumpin

lol

Toadz400
02-11-2006, 10:06 PM
cant..i got no shocks

2x4's?:confused: :cool:

KWAD GAWD
02-11-2006, 10:16 PM
MixMasterDike,
I'm gonna ask Harlen to ban you. You're a total trouble maker.
You never have anything good to say. Stay tuned!

Out_Sider
02-11-2006, 11:24 PM
MixMasterDike,

you've got to be kidding me?

02-11-2006, 11:29 PM
2x4's?:confused: :cool: ive def. thought about it ;)

02-11-2006, 11:30 PM
MixMasterDike,
\ wow

lol
02-12-2006, 08:41 AM
i'm neutral on the subject, i love suzuki's and honda's! i've had both and loved them to death....what i dont understand is how dirtwheels can say, there was a 450r at the track, doug gust, champion mx racer. smoked him everytime!

Tommy 17
02-12-2006, 08:54 AM
MixMasterDike,

Pu$$y

Ryan
02-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Dirtwheels has been bs'in for years. Only way to get a real opinion out of it, is to ride one yourself.

Im curious to know more about this quad. But I havn't really seen any information at all.