PDA

View Full Version : dune tires??

john.E.business
02-08-2006, 11:07 PM
what would be good dune tires for my R with the limited mods listed in my sig? i was thinking about these ams aerospeeds?http://www.amstires.com/productDetails.jsp?product_group_id=1911&category_id=1183 ....any opinions??

250r4life
02-09-2006, 09:30 AM
refer to the post entitled "paddles" about 10 posts down :devil:

john.E.business
02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Well i was more interested in the opinions on these specific tires but i will move my question thnx..

250r4life
02-09-2006, 02:22 PM
sir- go with the itp sandstars (all 4)... you'll be amazed. they hook up great, they slide great, and you'll be amazed at your steering response. sandstars are where it is at

kssandduner
02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Haulers!!

Hahahahahaah!! Sorry 250r4life, I had to do it after reading your paddles post where you got your panties in a knot cause of the hauler people. It's your opinion, and personally I've ridden on just about every paddle tire out there, and I wouldn't trade my Haulers for anything. And that's my opinion.

Joe

enquadrider16
02-09-2006, 05:59 PM
i'd go w/ sand stars

400EX QUADER
02-09-2006, 09:31 PM
wow I actually have somebody on my side....:rolleyes:

OKTRX450R
02-10-2006, 02:47 PM
I have ridden with a couple guys with the Aerospeeds and they hate them. Very heavy and not much in the way of traction either. The other AMS tires like the straight paddles and V appear to be ok for an inexpensive tire.

Personally I do not like ITP sandstars...they weigh a ton...nice for durability. It is a molded tire...you are getting molded tire performance.

I am a fan of Skat-trak or Sand Tires Unlimited...and quickly falling in love with STU more each day!

tar
02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
i have sand stars they work great i have a buddy with aerospeeds they r pretty nice but i like mine more also sand skate 2 r nice

john.E.business
02-10-2006, 11:52 PM
good to know looks like the aerospeeds are out....

ninis470
02-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by kssandduner
Haulers!!

Hahahahahaah!! Sorry 250r4life, I had to do it after reading your paddles post where you got your panties in a knot cause of the hauler people. It's your opinion, and personally I've ridden on just about every paddle tire out there, and I wouldn't trade my Haulers for anything. And that's my opinion.

Joe

if you wanna go in a straight line, yeah haulers are awsome. but if you like to free ride the dunes and not just sit there and go up hill all day. then haulers are a baaaaaaaddd idea. the suck when it comes to cornering. your going to fight your bike all day. everytime you get on the gas it's going to wanna pull straight. my sugestion to you is go with sand skate or snd star. something with a v in it. ams also makes a v shaped similar to the sand skate...

john.E.business
02-11-2006, 01:46 AM
well im not going to be draggin i think it is more trail riding so i would go with a V such as a sand star.... plus my dike just doesn't have the power to smoke dune pikes yet haha

ninis470
02-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by john.E.business
well im not going to be draggin i think it is more trail riding so i would go with a V such as a sand star.... plus my dike just doesn't have the power to smoke dune pikes yet haha

recently i was on the ams web site. they have somelight tires much in the same style as the sand skates. check them out. do a search for ams atv tire. they should come up...

killen them all
02-28-2006, 06:17 PM
i have some haulers the are like new and have brand new black lable rims tire size is 21-12-8 8 paddle