PDA

View Full Version : broken white bros. muffler

MEL
07-14-2002, 10:52 AM
i know i heard of others with the same problem, broken seam where the pipe goes into the muffler. how did you guys fix it? did you just weld it up( tig or mig)? or did you send it back to white bros. and ***** at them? i'm a little upset that this happened, it must of broke from vibrations because i havn't hit anything and no one has hit me.

07-14-2002, 11:17 AM
if it is under warranty call white bros.they should repair
or replace it

FullBore52
07-14-2002, 11:29 AM
call up white bros and tell them that you are sending a broken pipe back, they should replace it. A friend of mine has broken 4, and they sent a new one each time!

400exBro
07-14-2002, 11:57 AM
i got one and a couple days later i found an exhaust leak so i called up wb and told and they said, send it to use and they will replace it for me, i told them to that i want to ride and not have my bike down for 3 weeks, so he said okay and shipped me a new pipe (currently still on the bike) and i shipped the old one back to them...

if it is out of warranty, just weld the sob up..
lata
Bro

MEL
07-14-2002, 07:31 PM
its probly not under warrenty anymore its almost a year old. i'll just weld it shut.

Rastus
07-14-2002, 07:46 PM
Dang man, i hope mine doesnt do that.

RED121572
07-16-2002, 06:31 PM
I am on my second white bros E series slip on. (I ruined my first trying to add more disk) Anyway, White bros must have gotten word on that they were breaking, cause my current slip on came with a brace welded between the silencer and pipe. It looks kinda cool too.

TheChknhwk
07-16-2002, 06:50 PM
I just rec'd my new wb today & it also has a brace on it where the pipe comes out of the silencer, hopefully it will hold up well. It also has a dent in back of the pipe that faces the bike, so I called wb & they said that it is actually pressed in so that the brake caliper doesn't hit it when the rear shock is completely bottomed out which seems like BS to me since it doesn't seem that it would ever touch. Too make a short story long, does anyone else's pipe have this dent in it? It's below & to the right of the main mounting bracket.

thanks ~ Hawk

marvngardn
07-16-2002, 08:09 PM
The dent should be there. If you bottom with the stock shocks, the caliper will impact the silencer. I'm running an ultracross rear, and have dented mine after a severe impact. I don't think it effects the power output though. As long as you dont crack the body open. I too am on my second unit. I'm glad to hear they have fixed the design (hopefully).

FAST400
07-17-2002, 06:17 AM
i looked at my e series an it is cracked around where the pipe goes in the muffler.does anyone know how long the warranty is one these mufflers.

TheChknhwk
07-17-2002, 06:29 AM
Thought this might help everyone out....

FAST400 wrote on 07-17-2002 09:22 AM:
can u tell me how long the warranty is on the white bros,muffler.i read a post about the pipe going into the muffler cracking an mine is doing that now.cant find papers that tell how long warranty is,an seen that u just got one.was hoping u could help me out.

thanx for ur time an help!!!!!!!

Go to the last page, the warranty info is in there.

http://www.whitebrothers.com/offman/TRX400EXMan.pdf

400exBro
07-17-2002, 09:50 AM
just weld the sob shut.....
and the dent is supossed to be there, i got that on both of my wb pipes so it is nothing to worry about..
Bro

FAST400
07-17-2002, 12:09 PM
call white brothers,they will warranty it 4 u.i bought mine off
e bay.i just got it yesterday,an it is crack all the way around where the pipe goes in the muffler.i just got off the phone with
white brothers an they have me a new one going out today in the mail,not questions asked.but i did not tell them that i bought it off e bay.i told them i bought it at a local atv shop.they did not ask for a date of purchase or anything like that.so just call them
and tell them u have a muffler off ur 400ex that is broke an they will replace it 4 u.

MEL
07-20-2002, 12:34 PM
to late. just welded mine 2 hours ago. oh well, if it breaks again i'll make a brace for mine.

Davids440ex
07-21-2002, 02:36 AM
i had my e-series pipe welded over twice after it cracked. its gets to be a pain in the *** sending it back.

FullBore52
07-21-2002, 10:43 PM
hey david, is it alright if I use your avatar as well? I may make my own...but i was just asking. Dale Earnhardt was my all time favorite driver and it still makes my eyes fill up when I see the crash video...

07-22-2002, 08:43 AM
I have a question about my WB pipe on my 300ex. I bought the slip-on and head pipe seperatly, and I think the head pipe is to long, it goes all the way to the bend in the silencer, (I think thats like 6 inches) is this normal? And also, it leaks air where they meet, ive tried to tighten the clamp they sent me, but it still has small leaks. Should I weld?

thanx

Rastus
07-22-2002, 11:18 AM
no no dude, DONT WELD IT!
That will make it so you cant get it off if you need to maintenance your quad. just get some high-temp exhaust leak silicone