PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Lax
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
hello, I gota 06 450er, and I have a couple of questions. It may sound like I know nothing, its cause I dont know the workings of the quad, I just ride.

1. I really dont know what jetting is, all I know is that it makes air/gas ratio good. Is jetting diferent for each quad?

A jet kit does what? I looked at LRD jet kits, and they just look like skinny bullets.

I plan on adding a pipe, cam and a jet kit to the quad, is there like a specific range people will be able to tell me once I get those products?

One last question, is jetting hard to do? My dad use to race in the 70s, and he knows some stuff, but I dont think he knows about jetting all the different stuff like the main pilot. Is there a help page for how to jet a atv? or 450 specific?

Thanks

pudamac12
02-08-2006, 06:31 PM
dont waste your money on one of those jet kits. Just get them from a local dealer. Some of the jet kits use different numbering kits then stock also so look out for that. I am sure others on here with the same quad will tell you what they run so you can just get them at the dealer and save some money

One_Bad_400
02-08-2006, 06:37 PM
jets are kinda hard to explain... there at the bottom of your carb... and its what alows you gas to flow threw and how much (more or less) like a 95 would let more gas in then a 90 or 85.... and jetting isnt hard to do at all... all you do is unscrew the bowl from teh bottom of you carb and you will see that little gold peice and you un screw it... and screw the new one in

Lax
02-08-2006, 06:43 PM
ohh.. Thanks for the input.

When adding a mod, Is there only one jet to jet? Or is there a couple?

I also have picked up on other topics, that once you turn the screw, you got to test ride it to get it perfect? I am afraid that I wont get it perfect and be running with not the possible best performance.