PDA

View Full Version : clutch lever

tmoney
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Is there anything I can do about my stiff clutch lever. Its about twice as stiff as banshee. If I ride it long like this you'll see me in the pro arm wrestling competion with my beastly left forarm.

mrhyde
02-08-2006, 05:40 PM
You'll be arm wrestling me. I have a new cable on my stock r and I still get a good work out when I ride.

Dr89
02-08-2006, 05:48 PM
why dont you just suck it up and ride you pansy, are you gonna be afraid to get muddy too?

hondardr4life
02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
What was the point of that??? Please explain it to me. He asked what he could about his stiff clutch. You've got a Blaster, I doubt you could even hold onto a 250r, so don't go telling him he's a pansy.

About your stiff lever... Try a pep ez pull lever, or any other brand of ez pull lever. Also try a new clutch cable.

Dr89
02-08-2006, 06:26 PM
haha calm down man, he's a friend. ask him who the better rider is. lol jk

hondardr4life
02-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh, sorry then, lol. I just kinda thought you were being a d*ck, but thats cool if you know him.

Dr89
02-08-2006, 07:05 PM
haha yea i understand, its all good. but seriously his clutch is stiffer than chit, and he's got a new lever, not sure what kind.

Scottt89
02-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Get an RTC lever, they aren't terrible in price, I would never buy another brand after having one of these. Good Stuff.

321racer
02-10-2006, 10:02 PM
my lever used to be really hard
then i bought a works connection clutch perch and lever with the ball bearings inside it
its sooo easy now!

matt250r21
02-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Check you clutch basket for grooves, worn baskets can make the pull at the lever hard. This is what I run on my R - Hinson basket, stock R clutch springs, stock fibers and steel plates, stock inner basket, 89 update presser plate kit, motion pro terminator clutch cable, Honda CR 250 lever + perch modified by me for easy pull. Similar to RTC easy pull levers (changes the mounting point for the cable end to give you more leverage). I also take the lever out of the engine case and slightly straighten it with a vise, just enough so it dosen't hit the side of the cylinder. This also gives you more leverage. I also toss the return spring on the case lever, I have run without it for years with no problem, there is 5 clutch springs that can push that lever back without the extra return spring. With this setup I have a 2 finger clutch that takes all the the power of my 265 PV with no clutch fade.