PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Truck Fixed, Just Got It Back Today!!!

TCracin440ex
02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
well im hella excited after having this thing sit for 3 weeks with transmission problems and not bein able to drive it...i just got it back today and i was so excited to get my truck back...Damn i love this truck...The new trans in it is great....the guys that put it in had it in hella fast....i didnt get the transmission til this morning at 10:00 i had it up there to their shop by 10:30 and the truck was done and ready at 3:00...thats a fast swap out imo!!...i have 900 dollars invested in the transmission overhaul...550 for the transmission, and 350 for the shop to put it in....

Hondadudeehhhh
02-08-2006, 05:11 PM
get your brake lights fixed too?

TCracin440ex
02-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
get your brake lights fixed too?

not yet...ill do that tomorrow cuz i just got it back today...im hoping that its just the brake switch causing it...but idk cuz the damn buzzer dont come on anymore when you turn the headlights on w/o the key bein on, and the hazz dont work either...the haz and brake lights do have somethin in common tho...the haz lights dont work when you hit the brakes

underpowered
02-08-2006, 05:33 PM
that is cheap, i could not find a tranny for under $800. i replaced mine myself, only takes about 3 hours to do.

TCracin440ex
02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
this transmission i got came from cunningham brothers in rustburg, va...they said it has 116k on it but im doubting it has that much mileage on it because its a remanned transmission...it has the GM remanufactured stickers on the T/C and on the housing of the transmission....

under...if you are looking for salvage parts go to www.car-part.com thats the best place to look for any kinda salvage part

rmz250
02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
My dads got a silverade to. The rear end went in it about 2 weeks ago. Those stock year ends are garbage.

TCracin440ex
02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by rmz250
My dads got a silverade to. The rear end went in it about 2 weeks ago. Those stock year ends are garbage.

dont ginx me man...ive done had enough to deal with...cant afford a 1200 dollar rearend

ShiftFMX
02-08-2006, 08:48 PM
You get a 3 spd turbo trans?? :devil:

TCracin440ex
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
You get a 3 spd turbo trans?? :devil:

no....4L60E stock transmission

lil400exman
02-08-2006, 09:07 PM
right now im building a new engine and tranny for my 1999 chev K1500 (OBS) trying to decide which block, new 5.7 block to build off of or a aftermarket high-performance block. It is going to have a Kenne Bell supercharger on it with intercooler. I am going to putt a stall converter on and buy a worked tranny just cant decide which one yet.

What do you all reccomend for the block? Its the vortec 5.7 (350 SB) and im thinking of a dart block or a GM 010 350 block. I dunno whats your alls opinion?

TCracin440ex
02-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
right now im building a new engine and tranny for my 1999 chev K1500 (OBS) trying to decide which block, new 5.7 block to build off of or a aftermarket high-performance block. It is going to have a Kenne Bell supercharger on it with intercooler. I am going to putt a stall converter on and buy a worked tranny just cant decide which one yet.

What do you all reccomend for the block? Its the vortec 5.7 (350 SB) and im thinking of a dart block or a GM 010 350 block. I dunno whats your alls opinion?

dude you can probally build you a tranny to your specs that will hold up to the hp....i know a TH-400 is bomb proof, but you wont have OD....i still got my stock tranny housing that id be willing to get rid of if u want to build your own...

lil400exman
02-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
dude you can probally build you a tranny to your specs that will hold up to the hp....i know a TH-400 is bomb proof, but you wont have OD....i still got my stock tranny housing that id be willing to get rid of if u want to build your own...

I might pick it up if the price is right. I am shopping different companies to see how much it would cost. PM what u want out of it.

This engine currently ( i rebuilt it before, spun main bearings and bent the crank and destroyed a few valves n heads) in it is making knock again. I dont drive it hard really. It sounds like a diesel and stuff, oh well least when i put my new one in it will hopefully hold up a lil while longer...all this is still cheaper than a new truck.:p

02-08-2006, 09:56 PM
im getting my truck fixed right now too. new waterpump getting installed and also a new starter put on. Also found out I need a new timing chain installed within the next 2000 miles prob. so I went ahead and bought the kit off ebay for like $55 shipped. Labor will be like $215 for that job :ermm: just venting

muddy400EX
02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
youll eventually get all the bugs worked out and it'll run good:)

sweet truck btw, i like it

TCracin440ex
02-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
I might pick it up if the price is right. I am shopping different companies to see how much it would cost. PM what u want out of it.

This engine currently ( i rebuilt it before, spun main bearings and bent the crank and destroyed a few valves n heads) in it is making knock again. I dont drive it hard really. It sounds like a diesel and stuff, oh well least when i put my new one in it will hopefully hold up a lil while longer...all this is still cheaper than a new truck.:p

just make me an offer man, dont low ball me, but on that note im not trying to rail you in the a$s either....ill check with the transmission place and see what they think i should ask...then ill go from there...it aint broke up or anything....

Muddy400ex thanks for the comment bro...i kno ill eventually get the bugs worked out...today when i got this thing back i was so stoked to just get back in my own vehicle and drive it...i hate driving my rents vehicles!