PDA

View Full Version : Sinus Infection?

JRP
02-08-2006, 03:12 PM
alright well apparently my mom has had a sinus infection for a couple of months and yesterday her face started to feel weird, like just on her left side. well she went to the doctors and they said she has a severe sinus infection. like its near her brain and the rest of her face. she said it hurts in her teeth, gums, head, eyes, everything pretty much. but its all on her left side of her face. and im jus worried because i dont want anything bad to happen to her. :ermm: im a mommas boy and thats how ive been raised.. she has steriods (medicine sterioids) and 3 other meds. is there a risk in this infection? like death.. sorry about the long post jus had to ask.:mad:

dangle
02-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I use to get 4-5 a year... I flush my nose out every other day now with salene solution.... When I got them my nose would bleed for hours at a time.... Go pick her up some solution from walgreen's for like 1$ a bottle... it'll ease the pain...

Mike

whiteflash
02-08-2006, 03:28 PM
when i was in fifth grade i had the same thing. the doctors thought it was a normal sinus infection, but it turned out to be way worse. My left eye quickly swelled up to the point where i could see out of it. the infection spread to my brain and caused a brain absess (sp). I had to have numerous surgeries and procedures on my eye and brain. Before all this happened, my mom wanted to make sure that all i had was a sinus infection so she asked the doctor if i could get a CAT scan. If my mom wouldnt have asked for the scan they said i wouldnt be here today...so i encourage your mom to get a scan just to make sure....i hope this helps

coolex
02-10-2006, 03:40 PM
my mom had to have sergury for hers 3 times already like once a year

LTZ400rider
02-10-2006, 03:58 PM
i had sinus infection but not severe. although it felt like i was stoned for 2 months straigt with all the dizziness

JRP
02-10-2006, 06:17 PM
ya, they only thing that she said that hurts now is her jaw.... her head or her eyes dont hurt and she seems to be feeling alot better. also she use to be in constant pain but now shes just in pain a little bit.