PDA

View Full Version : whats your thought on PayPal?

cals400ex
02-08-2006, 02:18 PM
i am not signed up for paypal. does everyone agree it is safe? any thing i should look out for? any do's and don'ts?

BLEEDRED
02-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Been using it for about 4 years with no problems.

ny300exrider
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
for a 16 year old kid like me who doesnt have a credit card, i dont get involved with it and love the basic money order or cashiers check to sell and buy. ive never heard anything bad about paypal though and im sure its very safe and legit

derekhonda
02-08-2006, 02:24 PM
I started playing games with people who were scamming on ebay. Now about every week I get a paypal look alike email that says i need to log in and verify, blah blah blah, etc etc, apparantly I pissed of the wrong person. It is safe if you know what you are doing....

02-08-2006, 02:29 PM
I like it....the buyer protection has saved me a few times when the seller won't respond. I think people feel more comfortable about sending money that way than by money order.

The only thing I really hate is the 3% charge....but then again nothings free!

02-08-2006, 02:46 PM
paypal is EXPENSIVE to sellers or receivers of the money.

heatherbee923
02-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Ive used it for about 3 years now with no problems. But recently ive been getting that email that asks you log in and give them your personal info like credit card number, social, etc. I reported it to the paypal security people and they said it was a scam people were using to get your info.

cals400ex
02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
don't you have to give pay pal your credit card info and/or your bank info?

02-08-2006, 11:51 PM
i dont think you have to...you can request a check for the balance in your account but I dont think it would be possible to send money w.o one of those

KWAD GAWD
02-09-2006, 12:04 AM
PayPal is an ebay company. It is very secure. Don't be an idiot and fall for those scam look alike emails. Check you PayPal account often, when you log onto the PayPal site - then PayPal will tell you if there's anything you need to do. Don't give out your information to those fake emails, you'll quickly become an identity theft victom. I use it all the time, it's not that expensive. They take about 5% - it's worth it to me! WAY cheaper than buying a shopping cart for your business website. I like it.

LTZ400rider
02-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by heatherbee923
Ive used it for about 3 years now with no problems. But recently ive been getting that email that asks you log in and give them your personal info like credit card number, social, etc. I reported it to the paypal security people and they said it was a scam people were using to get your info.

i just started and i been gettin these, u can tell its bs cuz the link is some whacko chit. it always says a email was added to ur account or something, or some 3rd party accessed it please verify it.

GoOn3
02-09-2006, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
paypal is EXPENSIVE to sellers or receivers of the money.

It's not expensive at all. Immediate transactions and safe, so it's worth the very minimal amount for a transaction. It's less than $1 unless you are paying for a car or something major.

I wont buy anything on ebay unless it can be paid for via paypal - or on this site for that matter.

HondaRacer300ex
02-09-2006, 03:51 AM
Paypal is great! Safe, low money, and VERY EASY!

It is great for buying and selling quad parts for me

Racing Rice
02-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by heatherbee923

Those emails are spam that is called Phishing. NEVER EVER put in your information without verifing the authenticity of an email. 99% of the time they will be fake, and you have just given all of your information for someone to steal your identity.

I've been using Paypal for several years, so far I have not had any problems.

honda350r
02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by GoOn3
It's not expensive at all. Immediate transactions and safe, so it's worth the very minimal amount for a transaction. It's less than $1 unless you are paying for a car or something major.

I wont buy anything on ebay unless it can be paid for via paypal - or on this site for that matter.

It is 3.00 per 100.00 !

derekhonda
02-09-2006, 10:31 AM
AKA 3%. You know, about half of the tax percentage you would pay if you were to go to a store and buy it.....

cals400ex
03-10-2006, 12:08 AM
is it just as safe signing up with your credit card as it is with your bank account?? i rather use my credit card but if it is in a way safer with your bank account maybe i should do that.

Pappy
03-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
is it just as safe signing up with your credit card as it is with your bank account?? i rather use my credit card but if it is in a way safer with your bank account maybe i should do that.

id say it is as safe as anything available.

i finally recieved a scam email and reported it to paypal, they handled it prompt and even ran a check to verify i was still secure. 3% is right with most charges a CC company will charge a retailer so its minimal on most small items, but when you add the ebay fee's it can add up. i usually just adjust the pricing to cover the fee's

cals400ex
03-10-2006, 12:20 PM
right now i am only setup with a personal account so i am not sure if i still have the fees. i am not sure how all of this works yet but i do know i can only accept $500 per month with this personal account.