PDA

View Full Version : 06 front shocks on an 05, performance

yfz450admirer
02-08-2006, 02:09 PM
I was riding my friend's 06 the other day and I liked the shocks a lot better than my 05's. I know the a-arms and valving are different, but I was just wondering if anyone had made the switch and what is the review.
thanks

DirtDevilBT
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't be cost affective to make the switch, just get the stockers revalved and resprung, or just get aftermarket ones. I don't think the fronts are that much different or slightly stiffer than anything. The rear shock I guess is completely different, or longer anyway. The link is different too. Don't worry about what he has, save up and get some Axis/Elkas.

02-08-2006, 11:20 PM
id get your shocks revalved from the things ive heard people say. as soon as I get mine ill be able to tell you that first hand or not :macho

02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
id get your shocks revalved from the things ive heard people say. as soon as I get mine ill be able to tell you that first hand or not :macho

mix
what's the turn around time on those?

02-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by force
mix
what's the turn around time on those? hes prob had them for a week going on two weeks now but they should be finished any day now. I think im gonna get the works spring kit put on them instead of the progressive springs or whatever. its only an extra $75