PDA

View Full Version : smog removal

parts eeter
02-08-2006, 10:10 AM
I want to remove the crancase vent tube that goes to the little white translucent box that goes into the airbox intake boot.I will just put the hose up high and use a filter on that but what should I do to plug the hole in the intake boot???

sixer3
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
i cut a piece of bicycle inner-tube out put it over the whole then put that stock clampy ring over it, still goin

2004exrider
02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
:confused: I wouldnt suggest that. Thats your pcv (positive crankcase ventilation), im pretty sure its going to build up pressure inside and not run at its full potential or quite possibly blow a gasket. Its not hurting anything, why do you want to remove it?

Jimmy

B-rad D
02-08-2006, 08:17 PM
hes not pluging the tube, the hole in the intake boot

B-rad D
02-08-2006, 08:21 PM
will u gane or loose anything by doin this?

parts eeter
02-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Thats not a pcv its a crude egr aka exhaust gas recirculation.The reason I am removing it is because I dont want hot blow by air going back into my intake tract to raise incoming air temp which in turn removes some of the oxygen your engine could use to make more power.so far I havent really heard any info on what would be an acceptable method of plugging this hole.Please dont post questions or comments here,just what you use to plug the hole.If you dont wanna do yours thats fine.just a note for all.NO RACE engines have a recirculation system like this.

B-rad D
02-09-2006, 07:33 AM
put a peice of tube over it, like that guy sed

2004exrider
02-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Ok, i thoguht you meant the tube itself, the bicycle tube will probably be the best. Just a question though, if its the exhaust gas recirculator how come its not coming off the exhaust. Im pretty sure its pcv.

Jimmy

PismoLocal
02-09-2006, 04:54 PM
If it was for exhaust gas blow by vent wouldn't there be carbon build up in the clear plastic box going into the intake boot? and also what idiot of an engineer would route exhaust gas back into the intake if it was performance hindering? im almost positive that is a crankcase breather and the reason the clear box is shaped like that so that if any oil makes its way up the hose it gets caught in the clear box.

PismoLocal
02-09-2006, 04:55 PM
You know what. Some one should ask wilkin. WILKIN KNOWS ALL.

hondaboy400ex55
02-09-2006, 05:44 PM
ive been thinkin bout something like that