PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP (wireing Harness)

yfzracer101
02-07-2006, 10:30 PM
i have a few questions in need answer befor i start putting my fourwheeler back together. i know i probly shouldve of put it in the power train part but i figuer more people would look at it here
motor mods -6 fly wheel, kick start (remove all start gear,clutch...) 13.1 piston, Dyna cdi

Ok i heard that some people are needing to run a capictor (think thats how you spell it) with the dyna cdi and flywheel combo to get it to run right?

if i do have to get a capictor then can i keep my raditor fan?

If so do i just plug it in normal or do i need to rewire it to the capictor?

lastly how do you keep the thing charge? off the motor or am i goin to have to hook a battrie chager to it all the time?

yfz450rida
02-08-2006, 11:23 PM
i have a kicker kit on mine with a vortex ignition and a resistor kit and i left my battery and fan on and i have had problem as for the wiring harness i had duncan send me one of there rewired one. i think u can send ur to them and have them redo it and send it back too. but i was told buy yamahaR&D that the battery has to power to electronic ignotion in the yfzs. at the moment i am going to put in a 12v remote controll battery in mine. a friend of mine did that and it is working for him...so idk what else to say. the guy at yamaha R&D told me that some pros are running the yz setup with the yz450f flywheel,stator,cdi,wiring harness, kicker kit, piston and a wr450f crank. that with eliminate the battery and fan all together with the dirtbike system. and it make ur bike a stroker motor, the downside is it cost a chunk of change i know quiet a few guy running that and it works so idk....just an idea.

mountaineer
02-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Call trail tech and get a capacitor they hooked me up with one and it works fine. Just replace your battery with the capacitor. It will hold a 12v charge and then after it sits for a while it will lose voltage. PM me and I will hook you up with a wiring diagram. Do not use a battery they will go dead after awhile where the capacitor will last a long time with no worry of not enough volts. That could be scary running up the face of a triple with only 4 volts from your remote control battery that would cause a misfire and a face plant.

William